My Account
× My Account Media Forum Supporter Packs

Last Epoch Forums

What is the origin of your name?

I came up with Roivaskrad when I found the first class that got me in a game: Death Knight in WoW, as I have always gravitated toward the damage focused classes that either use a big 2h weapon or flashy spells and the DK was both of those. I figured as a Death Knight that the dark background (reanimated to serve some - usually - evil being) along with now being a hero could be combined to make a good name thus the origin: ‘Dark Savior’. But it just seemed too generic.

So I added some of my personality to it by reversing the words/letters: ‘Dark Savior’ <-> ‘roivaS kraD’ and of course fixing the capitalization to fit the new order and combined them into a single name as that seemed to roll of the tongue easier: ‘roivaS kraD’ -> ‘Roivaskrad’.

I was definitely the first to be using this in WoW as I had the only 3 characters with this name for like 3-4 years, but it seems to have caught on as I have moved servers many times. I’ve also often been asked if it’s Russian, but as I don’t speak Russian I simply say no and assume that is correct :slight_smile:

SN: I pronounce it: roy - vus - krad

FFXI has been extremely meaningful to me for a large portion of the past 15 years. I also like black metal a lot, and seeing how Varg plucked “Burzum” out of the Black Speech, I realized FFXI was to me what LOTR was to him, in the sense that I became obsessed with the lore. So I sought out to find a name in homage to my greatest video game love. Vahzl has a bit of a black metal ring to it as well without sounding too “FF-ish” or being a direct name of a zone/NPC/well-known weapon, so I knew it was right when all this dawned on me.

I like Fallen London, and I like the word Yeet. The conclusion was Mr. Yeeten

back in the good old days of lan partys at friends houses 14yr old me thought it would be a really great id for my computer. 22 years later i still go by that nick 'cause (not so) deep inside im still that little boy :smiley:

Vainqueur is a double entendre. It simply means victor in French (as in, “to the victor go the spoils”), but also, well, it can also describe me pretty accurately if you break the syllables apart. :wink:

I think we’re soulmates.

The avatars would appear to suggest so. :stuck_out_tongue: