What is the origin of your name?

Mine is my full name. Rob Leroy Benson. Just flows well. So much for anonymity on the internet :P.

2 Likes

Mine is from YuYu Hakusho, Yusuke Urameshi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sheng came from Xisheng but since noone could pronounce Xisheng properly I went with Sheng, originally came from playing Dofus when I had a Sacrier and couldn’t think of a name for it so I went and translated Sacrifice which was one of the main skills it used into traditional simplified Chinese and I’ve stuck with it since then

2 Likes

My username on this site is one I made up a long time ago, and it isn’t one I’m currently using for any of my actual characters. It’s got a few (very dumb and lazy) multi-layered jokes in it, but the main reason behind it? I really liked the character Daisuke Aramaki from Ghost in the Shell, so when I looked to make an original name for myself I took that as a base and tweaked it until I had a result with 0 meaningful search results. Now I’ve been using it for over a decade and basically all of the google hits are me. :V

2 Likes

Hi,

Well I always prefer to play a ‘Paladin’ type character and since I first started playing online games with D2 I needed a good name for the Char, and since the original Paladin was the ‘Banisher of all Evil by following the path of light’ it just fell into place: Deaths Bane (Deaths Banisher)

Now, I will claim to be the very first owner of the Char name ‘Deathbane’ since in the early Diablo online worlds the IGNs were #unique unlike the current D3

I carried the name over to my WoW (It was also the first Deathbane on Wow) days and still use it for the first Char I have in any games with a Paladin type char.

Oh, and the char is always a guy, I sometimes play girl chars but never use the name Deathbane, that just wouldn’t be right…

2 Likes

I just thought it sounded cool.

2 Likes

I see some really amazing names here.

Naming my Accounts & Characters properly was always something quite important to me when playing a game.

I really like ‘Generic’ Names and Medieval felt like a great account name for a Fantasy game.

2 Likes

I had a friend who after a few drinks will start saying all sorts of weird non-sense, once he said something like: ‘piroiamakajokan’ , and from that i tried to make a something that sounds cool, this was quite some time ago, still using it everywhere xD

2 Likes

A lot of people think my name comes from the death metal band, but it’s actually the name of the villain from the Elric of Melnibone series of fantasy novels. I use it in all RPG video games.

2 Likes

Erevos in Greek means Darkness ( the Total darkness created in the begining of time ) and Dante is a reference both in Dante’s Inferno poem and Iced Earth’s song

2 Likes

I really like simple names, so if someone have to type it for some reason (especially grouping) he/she doesn’t have to struggle with some weird words or even letters.
Back in the days, when i started playing WoW, my first character was a BE Paladin, so i gave him the name “Nalarian”.
Then someone started to call me just “Nala” and i liked it, plus it sounded better for my twitch channel (“Nala GaMinG”==>“NalaGMG”).

2 Likes

Mjeeeh, I used to play a Healing(Restoration) Shaman in my old wow days. It was very water themed and i figured a water themed name went well with that. Been Tides for about 12 years.

3 Likes

I love both the God of War franchise and Stargate SG-1.

2 Likes

Jaffa, kree!

2 Likes

Well my current name come from a voiceline the spy in TF2 have. I think he say it when he kills a medic and to me a few years ago it sounded like " ??%!@#??? (what?..) call you DR Noooooo!". I liked it. And so, I added the b in the end usually rwitten DR.NoOo[B] if I can and it just stayed with.
Before that I had Paradox for a short while, and my very first nickname was oren706 which is orange(the color)+ the number of lego pieces of a lego set I wanted at the time XD.

2 Likes

My name is from an old RTS i think its Warzone 2100 where you could build a unit with a “Flammer” as a weapon wich was mostly a upgraded version of a flamethrower. the Fun thing is i never used the weapon cause it was really bad but i sticked with the name :smiley:.
I stole the 515 from a female friends IGN and only found out way to late that its the ALT-Code for a Heart… :heart:

4 Likes

I wear lucadore tigermasks while streaming so the name came from that mostly.

2 Likes

My inspiration was this guy 9780857068217

2 Likes

Bacongo was a Warlock of a tribe in a comedy TV show that I saw when I was a kid.

I really like the name, so I used in all the games.

2 Likes

Was looking for a name that was

-always available and therefore unique
-sounding neutral so it would fit any game
-personal

My real name is Pe… Ch… va. Oo…
You may try to fill in the blanks. :wink:

2 Likes