Void Sorcerer Build Guide || Kill MoF bosses in 10 seconds!

Got the chest on my second attempt on Rahyeh (bad rolls, but still), so I’ll be starting one of these next, assuming I can get the idols…

Oh this build is so much fun, and I’m not high enough to equip the chest/sword yet…

Managed to do Lagon in mostly lvl 17 gear (except a lvl 40ish staff & some lvl 30ish rings), then I took the Convergence node & that’s way more fun than “normal” Lightning Blast.

Additionally, I took the Frost Ward node in Flame Ward & now all of my Fire Auras are cold & have a chance to freeze, so I’m wondering how easy it would be to freeze mobs if you have enough of them. And cold Lightning Blast looks, kinda odd.

Edit: Foe mentioned on Discord that Arcing Power doesn’t count channelling as casting, so you would only get an addition 1 chain from it for the first 4 seconds of the channell. Therefore I wonder if it might be a better choice to take 4 points out of Arcing Power, put another point into Volatile Lightning (for access to Crackling Speed), then you’ll have another 3 points to put elsewhere.

This would allow you to put points in either Countenance of Mana (cheaper channelling), Lightning Attunement (25% less damage taken), Overcharge (more crit multi & chance for double casts) or Front Loaded (more damage).

From observation, multiple fire aura stacks didn’t change the freeze rate, would definitely recommend if it someone can prove it does.

Very true on Arcing power, that makes sense. I’d actually recommend going for Cloud answer for the Static Charge on hit. Since uploading that build i’ve been running that over shattershock anyway as those static charges add to the fire aura count.

Lastly, for Arena you meme it up with the channelling bug by dropping teleport and focus for Arcane Ascendance and Disintegrate. Grab the Superconductor nodes from AA and make Disintegrate generate mana, reduce global mana cost and reduce damage taken (do NOT go for LB within the disintegrate tree). Drop 1 Fire aura idol for a Ele Nova when hit idol.

Cast AA
Channel LB for a few seconds till AA is proc’ing its own LB’s
Channel Disintegrate
Cancel AA
Enjoy free LB
get hit
Enjoy free LB+Ele Nova

You can kill the Training dummy in about 2-3 minutes.

No, I don’t think it changes the freeze rate, what I’m hoping is that with multiple stacks of Fire Aura instead of they multiply the number of ticks (& hence calculations) by the number of stacks they multiply the damage by the number of stacks & have that tick at it’s usual rate. Hopefully they then do that for everything else, such as chance to freeze, so if you have 200 stacks that tick once per second & a chance to freeze a boss of 0.1% for a single stack, they would multiply that 0.1% by 200 to give a 20% chance to freeze per tick.

I’ve been playing around with freeze on my spellblade.

Each cold skill that can freeze has a base freeze rate (this cannot change) which is then multiplied by your freeze rate multiplier (this can be increased with passives, nodes, idols and items).

Frost Ward has 2 freeze bases … 40 if something hits you (retaliation) and 26 once per second on anything it hits (surrounding enemies). It does not get triggered by your melee or spell hits and does not add a freeze rate to your hits, just the aura hits while it is active.

After 3 seconds, the base is still 26 per hit, it doesn’t stack like 26 after 1 sec, 52 after 2 secs, 78 after 3 secs. Each tick is independent.

Only cold skills have a freeze rate. Added cold damage does not automatically create a freeze rate simply because you are using cold damage.

The final (freeze rate * freeze rate multiplier) is then divided by mob health to see if it gets frozen or not.

Freeze chance goes up the more freeze rate multiplier you have and the lower the mob health … so mobs get frozen more often the more freeze rate multiplier you have and as their health goes down during a fight.

For my build, the only reason I took Frost Ward was for the damage to cold conversions for a nice damage uplift on a cold build rather than the crowd control the freeze rate offers.

The way to keep mobs frozen is to have multiple sources of freeze - each with their own base chance - and to increase your freeze rate multiplier.

Yeah, except Fire Aura is a bit different. If I have 1 stack, it does ~200 damage per tick to the training dummy. If I have 3, it’s doing 610 odd per tick, not 200 per tick but ticking 3 times as fast. Therefore they are clearly multiplying the calculated damage for fire aura by the number of stacks you have & using that total to calculate the damage taken.

So if they’re doing it to damage, how do we know they aren’t doing it to the freeze chance as well? They could calculate the effective freeze rate of having 200 “rolls” if you had 200 stacks quite easily and use that freeze probability on each tick without having to bog the server down with as many calculations. They wouldn’t be modifying the base freeze rate, they’d just be applying another modifier to it, like the freeze multi.

Edit: If you take the Frost Ward node, it changes every single Flame ward to cold & adds a base freeze rate of 26 per second.

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from.

I think each Fire Aura would produce it’s own “26 per second for 3 seconds” and stack that way, having multiple chances of 26. But not actually stack like the damage does … so lots and lots of little chances rather than one big chance.

Yeah, that’s mathematically identical, but running lots of “small” chances is more computationally expensive (though how many “lots” needs to be for the following formula to be “cheaper” I don’t know) than just doing 1-(1-p)^n, where p is the probability of freezing the mob from a single hit & n is the number of hits (or stacks in the case).

Edit: And if they’re one hit of damage for damage x number of stacks, why would they then go & roll whether it freezes a mob individually for each stack.

I had a crash at arena wave 216 yesterday because of freeze-proc-lock. From 90+ to zero fps!

I think they are doing the calculations individually and it’s causing major issues with large packs for me.

I dont get it, i have all the correct items, sword, armor and idols, but using “the ashen crown” and lightning blast and nova channeled" but it doesn’t seem to be as powerful, is it wrong to channel those? does it somehow ruin the build?

When are you using Ele Nova? What you want is as many hits (that crit) as possible to get as many stacks of Fire Aura within it’s 4s duration. Ele Nova is good for AoE, but if you’re getting lots of stacks of Fire Aura, you may find that Lightning Blast is almost as good at taking down a group (due to it’s significantly higher number of hits which all get the damage from the sword magnified by the chest).

I used Lightning Blast channelled & it was a lot of fun (& did lots of damage, even without a particularly high chance for Fire Aura on crit).

I use both at the same time

i win endgame with my build, but i wanna see if i can tweak it even higher with shroud of cinders, but i dont think it works with channeling like i have done

It does. The chest doesn’t have any affixes that affect or are affected by crit.

but then i dont know why its not working? i have it all, but i dont see those high numbers, is there some weird skill i have turned on that is blocking its full potential?

Your spell crit chance has to be as close as possible to 100% to get the kind of damage shown in the video. Maybe it’s not as high as you think?

1 Like

Alright, i will try making it 100% in the weekend, see if that is whats holding me back, thanks for the tip

Plus you have to look at how much total % chance to proc fire aura on crit on your idols too. I believe someone responded earlier on the thread saying 60 is a perfect roll for 4 idols.
Edit: man I wish I had the gear for this…

Yeah, 4x min roll idols is 24% going up to 60% with 4x max roll idols.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.