Stash Bug

I have the same bug i guess. I started a few days ago and my first char has a messed up stash it seems.

I’ve got 2 categories named “General” and Stash Tabs 1-6 but the first one has a duplicate. Whenever I click on a tab, it selects the prior one, so when I click on Tab 5, it selects Tab 4.

I’m looking in to what would actually cause this but it’s just so weird. I think that a bad load happened at one point and is causing the stash to save in a messed up state. I’m going to be putting failsafes in to correct these cases.

I just got the game yesterday, started up a second character and had this happen after creating my second character which didn’t load in properly.
This was not an ssf or anything char, just normal none ssf/none hc and now both chars have it.

If i click my stash tabs it usually selects one to the left, and it also duplicated the “General” category now.

After the intro movie ended the movie stayed on screen but the ui with skills, minimap and so on was showing.
I couldn’t do anything however and had to force close.
When I logged back in I gained 5 usable and 1 ghost stash tab

I tried moving the stashes to a new category or renaming them but when I got down to two stash tabs in the general category it wouldn’t select the correct stashes any more.
16gb ram,
i7-8750H
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 mobile version

Same happens on 3 chars for me.
On the last one I have checked every few minutes the stash.
But the only thing I noticed was that it happened in the period when the chat did not respond (10-15 minutes).

I have the same problem. Just bought the game. Started already preparing some categories and naming then. But something bugged and selecting them or deleting them (when empty) didn’t work. Logged out, suddenly a whole lot of stash tabs that I didn’t even buy got created. But I am afraid to put anything in it because clicking some tabs don’t even select it. I now have two categories that I can’t select. Some assistance would be great? Thx

If you post your Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file here (from your saves folder) I can fix it.

You have to add .txt to the end or the forum won’t let you upload it.

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (1.6 KB) Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp.txt (2.4 KB)

Hey thanks Mike, would be ace to have it fixed. I backed these up as I fiddled around in it (by comparing it to the file you uploaded for another user earlier this week) and I got everything back to square 1 so to speak, but when I logged back on it was again messed up.

So I include the tmp file as well? Do I need to remove that one when I put the fixed file back in?

Thanks

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (1.6 KB)

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes. Remove the .txt before putting it back in that folder. The name needs to be exactly “Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta”

The temp files are auto generated backups that you should be able to ignore.

Edit: also, good news I think I just figured it all out.

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (10.4 KB)

Here’s mine, awesome that you might have been able to figure it out, do you still need these files to fix it?

Great that you probably have figured it out.

It is not completely solved though. I had 4 categories in there of which 2 (called “category 4” and “General”) were simply not clickable. They still show up visually AND I can assign tabslots to them (at which point I lose them because those two categories are not clickable).

The other two categories got solved and those seem to work fine at first glance. But, see above, I am not out of the woods yet. Could you take a look at it again? Here is the newest file where I tested some additional created tabs.

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (1.7 KB)

(Also, as I renamed some files because I was making backups from them in the save folder I deleted them all when you send me the semi-fixed file… they simply re-appear after I log in. Though this is not really important thought I should still mention it)

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (10.4 KB)

Same instructions as above.

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (1.7 KB)

Sorry, didn’t see the category error. Give that a go.

That worked, thanks a lot.

1 Like

For all the DIY gurus out there, open the file with a JSON editor like https://jsoneditoronline.org/ and just fix the category and tab trees, there should be no 2 categories or tabs with the same ID. Just changing the ID’s should fix it.

Any text editor also works. I like SublimeText but notepad will get the job done.

1 Like

I think we are go, thank you

1 Like

I just suggested an online JSON viewer/editor since the file is minified and will be more accessible to the less tech savvy kind, but yeah.

1 Like

I have played some more, found some uniques (yes! ;)) as well and created some more tabs. Everything was working fine, but now I have created a 5th category, and in that category it seems like it doesn’t “exist separately”. What I mean by that is that it always shows the stash from the last selected other category. But it doesn’t exist on it’s own.

All other seems to work fine.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news, but maybe it’s good to keep assessing this. Let me know what you think:

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.txt (3.3 KB)

Your data looks fine, but if you have no tabs in a category, selecting it will just show you the currently opened tab and no other tabs.
You have no tabs at the moment assigned to your 5th Category (idols) so that’s probably what you’re seeing.

EDIT:
@EHG_Mike While testing @valdemaniak’s issue, I noticed a potentially problematic issue that can happen if categories get deleted. You have an off by one issue basically.

So what’s happening is that when you delete a category, the deleted categories’s categoryID is getting asigned to the next category, which is fine. But when the categories after that have their IDs changed, their numbered starting at the same ID (I’d assume that the first swap is a single executed code block, and the proceeding updates are done with a loop starting at the counted number of categories preceeding them without considering the one just swapped.

What this does is make not only the category with the duplicated ID not directly interactable (you have to click the one to the right of it), it also makes the furthest right category non-interactable (because the system isn’t anticipating a duplicate ID).

As an example:

If I had categories 1 - 7 created, the json would look like this (formatted for readability)
“categories”:[
{“categoryID”:0,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 1”},
{“categoryID”:1,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 2”},
{“categoryID”:2,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 3”},
{“categoryID”:3,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 4”},
{“categoryID”:4,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 5”},
{“categoryID”:5,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 6”},
{“categoryID”:6,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 7”}]

If I were to delete category 4, the json should be updated to look like this:
{“categoryID”:3"iconID":0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 5”},
{“categoryID”:4,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 6”},
{“categoryID”:5,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 7”}]

Instead you get this:
{“categoryID”:3,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 5”},
{“categoryID”:3,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 6”},
{“categoryID”:4,“iconID”:0,“colorID”:0,“displayName”:“Category 7”}]

As you can see, both Category 5 and 6 get assigned categoryID 3. This pattern of behaviour works regardless of where you delete the category from.

Exiting the game doesn’t resolve it (the game doesn’t currently check for the “impossible” ID conflicts though it does fail gracefully and still load) but it can be resolved in-game at the moment by deleting the repeated categoryID tab (in this case 3) which then passes the issue on down the line until you’ve deleted all of the categories after the duplication.

This is, admittedly, a fairly odd circumstance to come up (I wouldn’t have encountered it had I not been testing the above issue), but it is definitely something that is currently broken.

1 Like

That should only happen if the initial creation error happens also. When a category is deleted, it adjusts all other tabs and categories to fix themselves. I’ve got a solution going through QA that should fix all existing problems and prevent future issues from arising.

2 Likes