New Monolith System is frustrating

That’s probably because yo I had speed modifier Or even worth CD recovery haha

That’s what I was saying a bit before, if you got crazy modifier from your latest echoes it can be really unforgiving - the actual solution right now is to keep doing echo until the modifier unwanted disappear but u get the risk to get harder one

1 Like

That may be true. I don’t even look at the modifiers usually. I just take the higher percentage choice.

Haha that’s not the best move anymore, every choice of modifier are important now😉

1 Like

Thanks bro but did all of the above before my tone.

Nothing more frustrating as a game than when devs put out a good game and then jack it up with upates and patches.

Oh, Im sorry. is 'jack it up" to insenstive for all the softies out there?

NIce, thats good to hear. Was kinda scared such changes would take way longer to implement.

Feels like I am one of the few that enjoy the grind and challenge. I like learning and avoiding enemy attacks.

Maybe regular timelines could be more casual and empowered timelines very challenging.

That’s all well and good but what about those that cannot dodge effects or how about the effects that are unavoidable and one shot you. Compounded with the fact that your character has sacrificed everything in the name of survival and they are still getting one shot. Please explain to me how that is fun?

1 Like

Its fun because you achieve something challenging instead of easy.

I dont think you want to sacrifice everything for defense because damage is important too.

If regular timelines are more casual but empowered is very challenging then both types of players can enjoy the content.

But in the challenging content, we should not expect to face tank the big hits.

level 90 VK
65% elemental resist
70% armor
40% poison resist
60% necro resist
40% void resist
60% block chance / 2K block effectiveness
60% critical strike avoidance
108% Glancing Blow
6% dodge
over 80% for all damage type mitigation on block

lvl55 timeline , killed boss on 2nd try after figuring out the mechanic after being OHK the first time. Redid the same timeline to unlock 2nd timeline. So to the next…

lvl 62 timeline, walked to the boss and got OHK by a grenade in 10 seconds. OK. let’s try that again. 20 echoes later, walk in the boss arena…game crashed. Progress wiped. OK. Let’s breathe and try that again. 15 echoes later, encountered a Covenant Dominion as the echo final boss and you guessed it, got OHK by its laser thingie. OK. You’re joking right? The modifiers werent that bad to get OHK by this little sh*t so lucky shot I guess. OK. Let’s try that again. 20 echoes later, walked in the final boss arena. Walked around to try to see if we can damage the side arbalest shooting at you and low and behold, got OHK by a boss grenade … again…OK. Let’s NOT try that again and see if there’s anything good on netflix. Cmon, who tested this and found it fun to do 20 echoes and get OHK by an 30 underleveled boss? Who? WHO? We want names :slight_smile: !!!

BUT…it will be a blast when it’s balanced. But for now, i’m not spending another minute in there cos I’m having PTSD from Wolcen launch.

Love the new maps, love the quest echoes, love the blessings and I ADORE the new tier 6 and 7 affixes…And some new uniques are very very interesting to build upon.

Good job ! But i’ll wait for the patch that will balance it all. For the moment, it’s the umbrella academy season 2. G’night.

5 Likes

Hahaha true, they need to stop testing with their OP dev mod character with 1000 mana :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (screenshot from patch preview)

1 Like

Gotcha mechanics are no friend of hardcore play. Now I’m not advocating balancing LE for HC, but one-shot-kills from previously unseen mechanics are unfun. I’m not keen to play through the game on a SC toon first as a forward scout or google every boss fight. Make it hard, sure, but … imo … one shot ambushes are lazy design.

Actually new monolith system is good, really good. But it need some little changes and/or rework. I suggest that: Savepoints on Monolith quest zones.
• Should be savepoint on monolith quest zones. Savepoint 1 in quest 1 zone, savepoint 2 in quest 2 zone. That is all. So i wouldn’t lose my motivation to take boss down. Last night i was in 19th area (in a row) then i died (not at boss). I’ve closed the game immediately. But if there was a savepoint in second quest zone, i would play it again. I’ve ran 19 zone and got nothing and i didn’t even see the boss. No my friend, no. It is being really boring. Btw, how long it take to see boss? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree completely, the system as it is right now is not good, it takes away most of the fun out of the game.
I’m playing a new toon, lvl 61 now. I started MoF at lvl 55, and it wasn’t bad at the beginning, until i died a couple of times, and lost too much progress.
The worst part was dying in a quest timeline, and realizing i need to do 3-7 different timelines just to be in the same place, and if i die, its a useless grind again.
The penalty for dying is too much, you lose many hours of playing , with low rewards , and at least for me i feel like i’m going nowhere.
I have done like 20 timelines, gained 6 levels and i’m still stuck at lvl 55 content, got almost nothing for it, and now i have to grind again to get 1 chance of killing a boss. For me its bad game design, the rewards are not in balance with the time invested, and the penalty for dying is too harsh.

1 Like

Just wanted to post a quick appreciation of the interest in feedback the devs have shown and their quick reactions. Just a few days after the big patch was released with a few rather big flaws, they improved the system a lot, even if the current fixes are “bandaids”. I am looking forward to a more refined system.

I have no problem with a fight where you need to follow the mechanics to avoid death. you missed the point of my post Blade. I am talking about the unavoidable OHK effects where no matter your stats you instantly die. THAT is not a fun mechanic and will actively drive your player base away.

Difficulty is a tough topic to tackle as well. What one player finds enjoyable in overcoming another player may find unfun to play. That’s a good reason to have a HC mode for those looking for that Dark Souls style challenge while getting players to play your game that aren’t necessarily looking for that kind of game.

2 Likes

I didn’t miss the point

My melee Sentinel has +22% run and Lunge to target but I can’t get out of the way of murderous Void or whatever and then…death. Yeah so hmmmm maybe the 3rd time I can figure something out like keep running until the boss gets tired and I sneak up and stabs it in the back? :slight_smile:

Maybe Shield Rush instead of lunge? I find that the target requirement of lunge makes getting out of trouble a lot harder than getting in.

The one shot mechanics are disgusting. The special abilities are far to often and hit too hard. I was fighting the firebird boss and made it to phase 3 and was one shot by something that wasnt even on the screen. I have no idea what killed me. So now I have to run through who knows how many trash mob runs that present little effort to get back?
I dont mind challenging boss fights but one shot mechanics that bypass gear you farmed isnt right. I grind to feel more powerful and to prevent these mechanics.

3 Likes

These stats arent bad but imo, you are not protected enough from a boss burst damage mechanic. Especially the crit strike avoidance.Thats gotta be 100% before u walk into a boss fight.