New Monolith System is frustrating

Which skill did oneshot you? The one where he pulls those souls and launches them after?

I think it’s a slash skill in my experience

Thanks for addressing this quickly, will the hotfix for this be released soon?

Yeah, exactly. The damage seems to increase during the fight. After destroying the first of the 4 things in the corners I get oneshot.

Also i can’t target these things with warpath and have to click somewhere on the ground. Lunging at those things also can get me stuck. Have to make a bug report.

Amazing, that’s exactly what we need right now

I got the same awful experience than others
Played for 4+ hours straight, tried 3 of my strongest character lvl 70+

I got destroyed so hard from the first boss so it wasn’t even funny. And of course no xp earn. Extremely frustrating experience

I know its annoying to read, but i think you are actually supposed to avoid that damage completely. I mean its an endgame boss. Oneshots are not necessarily bad if they are predictable and i think that one actually is. Did you beat it after your first 2 tries?

Not yet. I will stack some more necrotic prot before trying next.

I know it’s a telegraphed attack and may be avoided. But this fight feels to heavy at a certain point. I dodge some of these attacks and also catch some. They don’t do that much damage but all of a sudden the next attack kills me.

1 Like

I agree.

New Monolith is an utter bore. Devs just killed their endgame.

Haha same here, on my first time I got one shot breaking the 4 vessels
Second time, I lounge and got stock behind, and got one shot
3rd got one shot on phase two from returning projectiles
4th same returning projectiles

I honestly don’t mind the difficulty, I was going further every time, (I was going to adjust my necro resu for the next one)
but the process of starting over And earning no xp (+skills so low to lvl) just got frustrating as hell

1 Like

Finally the endgame has gotten exciting. It’s the first shot with new scaling and mechanics. As we are in EA theres much room for improvement and balancing. Just because it causes some frustration at the very beginning of public testing doesn’t mean “the devs killed anything”.

1 Like

I’m glad some fixes are going into place, I think those will help a lot for now and the future. This has been my first experience with the game that has soured me some, but I’m confident that the devs will figure it out.

I still think that there needs to be a little more done after these changes, that there needs to be checkpoints somewhere, either after every echo you beat (which I doubt they want to do) or after every quest is done.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the monoliths were 5 stages long to get to the final boss, but 20+ is a huge amount of gameplay without a chance to save your progress. That could be a few hours of time that you wasted because you made a mistake.

I do think this system of monoliths could be amazing once it gets all figured out. I give the devs a huge amount of credit for putting it altogether.

3 Likes

I can understand that dying with the feeling of not being able to do much against is frustrating at first. But i think from the mechanics itself, its not much more difficult than lagoon. I also think the feeling of frustration would turn more into a feeling of “i have to optimize something” if you would get more than just one try. Having to do 20+ echoes after failing once is indeed not acceptable.

2 Likes

If you follow other posts and threads there seem to be many people with a lot better gear and higher level that get oneshot by the boss.

Maybe theres also a bug that results in higher damage than expected.

Checkpoints may be a good idea. Maybe add a “buyback” for the bossfights.

Edit: Or repeat from the last quest echo.

0.7.9b will be coming very soon, but won’t contain these changes as they were made after the build process started.

0.7.9c will be coming shortly after that and will contain these changes.

2 Likes

Hmm, ok. If theres a bug or unintentional high dmg numbers it has to be fixed of course. I just dont want endgame bosses to be a cakewalk.

1 Like

Just a guess. No bug confirmed afaik.

I dont want the bosses to be easy, too. Challenge defenitely is ok.

1 Like

I want challenge, but I don’t want to be reset because I failed a challenge unless I’m playing something like Arena where that’s expected.

I think there’s better ways to do endgame without it being based on did you die or not.

4 Likes

I’ll put in my 2 cents. Bosses are insanely overtuned. On the black sun timeline (lvl 68), not only did it take me 30 echoes to finally get the quest getting hardly any experience on the way, i got one shot by the void boss (lvl 95 pal with 70% void resist and 850 hp). The boss has insane mechanics where you literally have to move the entire fight and if you get hit by anything, you get one shot (im assuming this as I had ZERO INTEREST in doing 30 echoes to try and attempt this boss again). And this is suppose to be level 68, which is 30 levels below my character.

9 Likes

I guess I am having some difficulty grasping how making my level 83 Lich run hours of level 55 maps is “exciting”.

6 Likes

Devs already admited, that they did a mistake in regards of many people using their already pretty high levle characters, it will get adjusted with the next patch.

But depending on how well your build does(so how often you die and need to start over) it does not takes “hours” to get to decently high level timelines.