New Monolith System is frustrating

Ok, so I think I play enough for today, here some quick feedback o my experience.

I dont want to go back on a need to a checkpoint, I think this is needed incontestably, under some form of paying for gold or maximum 3 resets or something, whatever would work to make it less tedious and stressful.

I play Lich lvl 80+ to put in some perspective.
After hitting a wall for two days on the first boss of the 55 timeline I finally got him by increased my necro resi to 65% and getting better at mechanics - the fight was rather easy this way

Going straight to the lvl 68, the echos runs are quite easy, but once arrived to the boss i got two shots. On my 3rd try I finally get him pretty easy because i adjusted my resistance to the void at 75% - Good feeling after beating it.

then I jumped to the lvl 80 timeline, the echos got harder but rather easy overall. Then got shit on by Lagon with 43 resi light - 32 cold. I only try once cause it took forever to get to the boss from this lvl, about 30+ echos

So the conclusion where I had quite a bit of fun progressing the timelines overall, beating bosses feel incredible, you really feel like you accomplished something, that’s good.

But the frustration won clearly over the fun.

Other than a need of checkpoint it is more the gearing process who frustrate me the most.

For each timelines I had to reroll all my gear to get the resistances appropriate for the final boss, thats boring as hell! I spent sooo muchtime gambling, crafting getting fractured, gambling again - repeat. Now i have to do the all process again and min max cold and lighting resistance for Lagon. I hate doing that this process

What I noticed, potentially, is the need to use the new Armo Woven Flesh to get your 85% GB then build your resi and crit avoidance all over you gear to try to min max to 60%+ everywhere to avoid changing your gear all the time . Then get most of your damage from the passive tree.

Or having multiple set of gear in your bank to change for each boss. In this case I can see it work but at the moment because there is no loot filter, every item as to be earn via gambling and crafting system, and doing this for hours to get attempt at a boss is just boring as hell.

I’d love some advice if I missing a big point here

3 Likes

Forgot to mentioned,

I think than the modifier are way too strong when facing the final boss, we can get pretty unlucky sometime, and that can fuck u up one or two hours of grinding echos in one second.

I Reckon we should have a choice to reset the modifier if we want before facing the boss, lowering greatly the loots of course and even the blessing, like putting a very low threshold on the affix for example.
And if people want extra challenge they can go with hard modifier, and getting high blessing, loots ect…

2 Likes

thanks a lot for your consideration and fast action to implement players’ feedback!
As an IT guys that is really agile :slight_smile:
Love it and continue the good work!

Wanted to test the new monolith system a bit before posting. Now i believe it is time to give my opinion also:

Keep in mind that it is based :

1. From the viewpoint of a player who DON’T have more that 2-3 hours daily to play

2. Have only tried with my lvl 93 FG char

So the pro’s of the new monolith are:

New maps
Interesting system with echoes and quests
Blessings, have seen 3 options so far, seems interesting

An now the cons:

Very few xp gained after each mono run, had 5.534.705 xp before lvl 55 mono run and 5.598.522 xp at end.

Due to low xp gained and very few good loot drops after some mono runs it becomes boring and you just start to rush to go to higher mono.

xp reward for Quests are too low , perhaps it is ok for a lvl 55 char but for a lvl 93 char with 5,5 mill xp an 1000-2000xp reward is …

lvl 55 boss, damage or his resistances must be nerfed seriously , it is very frustrating for a lvl 93 good equipped char ( did arena >200 waves) to have problems against a lvl 55 boss.

No checkpoint before the boss run, if you plan to leave the monolith progression as it is and resetting when a player die then that checkpoint is NEEDED, otherwise it becomes too frustrating.

Now i am doing mono lvl 68, i skipped lvl 62, the xp gains are better but not much better.

Final conclusion:

As it is now it is not so much fun to play my h.lvl chars, as it is i need to grind a lot to go to lvl 80-85 monoliths or higher to have enough xp gains to make it worth wile to spend my time playing my lvl 93 char.

A nice solution would be to unlock for high lvl chars all monoliths below their level .
So the player will have the option to play the lower lvl monoliths for their blessings when he want.

If you want us to unlock it as it is now, at least nerf the bosses damage and lower their resistance to higher lvl players so that the grind will be less frustrating and time consuming.

4 Likes

Yea, i mostly agree with your points. I will stop playing for now, since there wont seem to be changes to the one-try bosses anytime soon. Until then, it feels completely pointless to play.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, just wanted to chime in here again. The next hotfix is coming within the next day or two and will address the power of early Monolith bosses and Timelines completely resetting on death. The changes are in testing now.

11 Likes

Sounds good! :slight_smile: thanks to keep up us updated

I think the Abomination boss of timeline 1 would be fine if he didn’t move so fast. You can’t get away from him long enough to even hit the soul chambers, let alone destroy them. I made it to him once. Could not get the abomination off of me. He moved way too fast. Then, I managed to kill 2 of the soul chambers, the poison cloud that came on the ground wrecked me. I ran out of potions quickly and then just died. Quit the game at that point because it reset my monolith. I’ll get back to it at some point, but it was too much work lost to keep playing today.

(Off topic, the capital Q on here looks awesome. :smiley:)

1 Like

That’s probably because yo I had speed modifier Or even worth CD recovery haha

That’s what I was saying a bit before, if you got crazy modifier from your latest echoes it can be really unforgiving - the actual solution right now is to keep doing echo until the modifier unwanted disappear but u get the risk to get harder one

1 Like

That may be true. I don’t even look at the modifiers usually. I just take the higher percentage choice.

Haha that’s not the best move anymore, every choice of modifier are important now😉

1 Like

Thanks bro but did all of the above before my tone.

Nothing more frustrating as a game than when devs put out a good game and then jack it up with upates and patches.

Oh, Im sorry. is 'jack it up" to insenstive for all the softies out there?

NIce, thats good to hear. Was kinda scared such changes would take way longer to implement.

Feels like I am one of the few that enjoy the grind and challenge. I like learning and avoiding enemy attacks.

Maybe regular timelines could be more casual and empowered timelines very challenging.

That’s all well and good but what about those that cannot dodge effects or how about the effects that are unavoidable and one shot you. Compounded with the fact that your character has sacrificed everything in the name of survival and they are still getting one shot. Please explain to me how that is fun?

1 Like

Its fun because you achieve something challenging instead of easy.

I dont think you want to sacrifice everything for defense because damage is important too.

If regular timelines are more casual but empowered is very challenging then both types of players can enjoy the content.

But in the challenging content, we should not expect to face tank the big hits.

level 90 VK
65% elemental resist
70% armor
40% poison resist
60% necro resist
40% void resist
60% block chance / 2K block effectiveness
60% critical strike avoidance
108% Glancing Blow
6% dodge
over 80% for all damage type mitigation on block

lvl55 timeline , killed boss on 2nd try after figuring out the mechanic after being OHK the first time. Redid the same timeline to unlock 2nd timeline. So to the next…

lvl 62 timeline, walked to the boss and got OHK by a grenade in 10 seconds. OK. let’s try that again. 20 echoes later, walk in the boss arena…game crashed. Progress wiped. OK. Let’s breathe and try that again. 15 echoes later, encountered a Covenant Dominion as the echo final boss and you guessed it, got OHK by its laser thingie. OK. You’re joking right? The modifiers werent that bad to get OHK by this little sh*t so lucky shot I guess. OK. Let’s try that again. 20 echoes later, walked in the final boss arena. Walked around to try to see if we can damage the side arbalest shooting at you and low and behold, got OHK by a boss grenade … again…OK. Let’s NOT try that again and see if there’s anything good on netflix. Cmon, who tested this and found it fun to do 20 echoes and get OHK by an 30 underleveled boss? Who? WHO? We want names :slight_smile: !!!

BUT…it will be a blast when it’s balanced. But for now, i’m not spending another minute in there cos I’m having PTSD from Wolcen launch.

Love the new maps, love the quest echoes, love the blessings and I ADORE the new tier 6 and 7 affixes…And some new uniques are very very interesting to build upon.

Good job ! But i’ll wait for the patch that will balance it all. For the moment, it’s the umbrella academy season 2. G’night.

5 Likes

Hahaha true, they need to stop testing with their OP dev mod character with 1000 mana :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (screenshot from patch preview)

1 Like

Gotcha mechanics are no friend of hardcore play. Now I’m not advocating balancing LE for HC, but one-shot-kills from previously unseen mechanics are unfun. I’m not keen to play through the game on a SC toon first as a forward scout or google every boss fight. Make it hard, sure, but … imo … one shot ambushes are lazy design.

Actually new monolith system is good, really good. But it need some little changes and/or rework. I suggest that: Savepoints on Monolith quest zones.
• Should be savepoint on monolith quest zones. Savepoint 1 in quest 1 zone, savepoint 2 in quest 2 zone. That is all. So i wouldn’t lose my motivation to take boss down. Last night i was in 19th area (in a row) then i died (not at boss). I’ve closed the game immediately. But if there was a savepoint in second quest zone, i would play it again. I’ve ran 19 zone and got nothing and i didn’t even see the boss. No my friend, no. It is being really boring. Btw, how long it take to see boss? :slight_smile:

1 Like