My very first thoughts on loot filter

that what i mean i want the option to configure loofilter, so blank filter will hide all items

it will not work
The filter engine will iterate throu rules till find first matching rule.
In this case it will be very first rule: ā€˜Hide Allā€™
The rules that follow it will not matter.
Every item will be hidden.

Like i/we said, you can re-arrange your rules.

EDIT: Um, btwā€¦ could we have the option to (re-)name every single rule?
(like Weapon-Rule or Ring Rule or something)

Thanks for all the information, it helped me a lot to understand.
One question, do filters work when you drop items? I have been trying to test them by dropping stuff from my stash on the ground, but I donā€™t see the recolor working.
Can anyone confirm if it works like that ? To be sure if its something about the filter or my rules

Yes the Loot Filter does affect items you throw on the ground.

Common mistake for recoloring is, there is any ā€œSHOWā€ rule above the recolor rule, that nullifies tha recolor.

FYI: recolor rules act as show rules. So if you want stuff to be recolored you do not need extra show rules.

If you want stuff to be recolored that are part of any other show rule, just put the reclor rule above the show rule

This is not true. It works exactly this way. I set up several lootfilters with ā€œhide allā€ as the first rule. And as stated several times by different people:

Make sure the ā€œhide allā€ rule is the one on the buttom of your list. All rules that you add above overwrite the ā€œhide allā€ rule.

If you only wanna show one handed sword your filter has to look like this:

• show one handed swords
  • hide all items

This way the filter reads from bottom to top. It hides all items but then makes only swords visible.

This is not theory, this is fact.

3 Likes

actually we talk same thing , the way you did it will work.
I just donā€™t call bottom rule first rule.

I absolutely hated the loot filter at firstā€¦ itā€™s messy its confusing, itā€™s crazy indepthā€¦

after playing around with it for an hourā€¦ now I absolutely LOVE it.
the ammount of control you can have with it is so amazingā€¦

I now only show uniques, or rares with t5ā€™s or higher, + idols with lifeā€¦ NOTHING ELSEā€¦

itā€™s SUPER nice.

One thing I dislike, the lack of ability to AND/OR on affixes, as in I want to have (any of one list of affixes) + (any of another list of affixes) so that getting (ignite+fire) or (ignite+spell damage) are covered by one rule instead of having to make a rule for every single permutation.

Basically I wish that there was a Affix 1, Affix 2, Affix 3 and Affix 4 in the filter options instead of only one Affix option

2 Likes

The loot filter serves a lot. I with you could select different colors for different conditions.

I also wish to be able to filter affixes by absolute numbers.
Can be very important for idols (they all tier 1)
Also want to be able to filter by items implicit base stats absolute values.

is there a way of defining rules to have like 2-4 Affixes you want on ONE item?! My brain doesnt get it to set this upā€¦ would you be so kind and explain if possible?!

1 Like

I havenā€™t played with the filter yet, can you filter by items that have 2+ affixes from a specific group of affixes?

Probably can, just takes work. Would just have to specifically filter OUT all the affixes you donā€™t want.

1 Like

When you choose affix, if it is less than 4 I think that means that ALL affixes should be on the item. More than 4 means that ANY will trigger it.

The issue here is that it is automatic in how it handles this.

what if i want any 2 affixes from pool of 5 for example?

That is not possible currently, sadly.

Affix pairings and total affix tier level are both things that are currently missing IMO.

Will suggest them soon.

This would be the ultimate solution! Please EHG make this possible :slight_smile:

Yea, but can you not filter out affixes you donā€™t want and have that override affixes you do want? (meaning the item will filter out if it has one bad affix even if it has 3 good ones)

After that, can you filter out items that have less than a certain number of affixes?

Seems possible, just takes a lot of work since you have to filter OUT all the bad affixes instead of filtering IN the few good ones.

Never mind. I thought I understood it. I donā€™t. Iā€™m over it. I still stand by what Iā€™ve said in the beginning. They over complicated it when it didnā€™t need to be like this.

Iā€™d like to have that lootfilter toggle on/off button would only toggle lootfilter off while the key is pressed down. As soon as you release the filter is turned on again.