My very first thoughts on loot filter

First its great step forward and i like this feature.
Things that i think must be added / changed.

1. I think color option must be included somewhere inside rule and the only option must be hide/show.
  2. I would like to see some global filter option that allows me to hide/show all items by default. For example if i choose to hide all items, i can focus only on show rules in my filter
  3. I would like to see some rule options, that allow to aggregate affixes of item, for example i want to see all items that sum of their affix tiers is more then 15
3 Likes

Just want to say. This is usually not a good idea. Unless you are extremely experienced and careful, it’s likely you accidentally hide things that you didn’t intend to. Can also post a problem if you forget to update filters after a patch that introduce new items/affix.

I’ve been a fan of almost all their game updates, but to me, they WAY over complicated this loot filter.

KISS method… Here’s a loot filter. Select which items you want to see. Done.

The way it is now, holy s***, it’s confusing af

1 Like

Sure it’s confusing, but you actually gain a lot for that confusion. Once you figure it out, you can show all the things you want and hide all the things you don’t want with just 2 rules that are really quick to make. This actually saves a lot of time clicking buttons for each loot filter you make. It also makes it easy to change a loot filter to match your level/goals, rather than making it mandatory to create multiple filters. Trying to make it any simpler would probably also make it more time consuming!

The absolute best part is that if you think making one is too complicated, it’s easy to take a premade one.

Yeah… I’m sure it will take getting used to. As of now, I’m not a fan how they did it.

So you’re basically saying I have to set up 1 show me filter and 1 hide it filter, in order to see the items I want. Instead of just 1 show me filter?

You don’t need to, you could just make one rule to hide anything you don’t want.

But, if you want colours you can use two or more rules
For example: I need minion damage and defences for a primalist or acolyte.
I don’t want to sift through a lot of loot.
I therefore make one hide filter to hide all the affixes you’ll never use, and to hide all normal, magic, and sentinel/mage rare items. This goes second on the list.

Above it is a show filter that has the specific rare items I want. I tick show minion damage, minion damage over time and all the defensive affixes on rare items in one colour (blue). Then it can show all the other primalist or acolyte items in another colour (green).

If I see a blue, I automatically pick it up, if I see a green, I can hover over it to decide if it’s good.

This already can be done

What you mean?

so call me dumb but if

1. i say “Hide” all helmets as first rule then everything other than helmets will show
  2. i say “Show” all chests as second rule then that does nothing … so does that mean the only value in the “Show” rule is if i then want to say “Show” only chests above L65 say ? ie “Show” only has value when you choose a subset of the option ?

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it in further detail. I’m starting to catch on to it, but I still say, they over complicated it.

I may not be the smartest guy around, but why not just make it so that you tick/check the box of the items you want to see. Period. Leave out the “hide” part of it. If I tick/check the items I want to see, it should automatically not show the other things. Like the old computer basic language… if/then checks in code. If this is ticked/checked, then show the item. If this is not ticked/checked, then don’t show the item.

Yes, this is one way to get value out of both hide and show. It’s not the only way, however.
If you are crafting on a wide variety of bases, or you really like lootsplosions, you could not hide anything, and just show specific items in a different colour to all other items.

It’s just to do with the definition of ‘filter’.
The hide part is necessary just due to the default of the game being ‘all loot is visible’. Just add your bottom rule as being ‘hide everything’. After that you can tick/check via the ‘show’ rule as desired, and use this as your top rule.

In a parallel universe, there is a Last Epoch where the default is ‘no loot is visible’, and players have to use a ‘selector’ instead of a filter.
First they have to '‘show’ all items, then select what they want to filter using tick/check boxes…

1 Like

That right there… made the light bulb go off for me. Seriously, thank you for taking the time to basically spell it out for me. Hopefully someone else see’s your posts and it helps them, too!

1 Like

First Hide all.
Then make Rules for all Items you wanna be shown.
Done.

Yes, plz, this is just: +1 +1 +1

1 Like

Good luck with that.
First rule will match every item .
And filter will not even check item vs next rules. You will see nothing.

That’s not how it works. Put the “hide all” rule on the bottom. All “show x” rules above the hide rule overwrite the hide rule.

You can re-arrange Rules. Just set the “hide all rule” to the bottom. (+ new rules appear on top, so…)

And this example was just intended to solve Ekler’s problem with his loot filter.

EDIT: +1 @ RawSuicide

1 Like

Really, I know exactly how it works, that’s why i don’t want to make rules that hide everything, i don’t want to see.
I just want default setting for filter , that hides all
In that case i can avoid adding hide rules.

Either you don’t understand what I mean or I don’t understand your problem.

If you have a blank lootfilter that has 0 rules it will show every item. Now there 2 different ways to set it up:

1. Just create hide rules for every item you don’t wanna see
  2. Or put 1 single “hide all items” rule as the very first rule into your filter and add rules to show items you wanna see
2 Likes

EDIT: It’s ok, RawSuicide said it again, so…

Parallel posting :sweat_smile: