(my first build) Its over 9000!

Looks good. Now if I could ever get one of those idols to actually drop.

Dude, the video is great. Don’t worry about it. Any changes here so far?

2 Likes

At this point I am waiting for Manifest Weapon to get it own skill tree.

1 Like

I am amazed man. Really, really cool build.
Keep such guides coming, don’t ever worry about being a bit shy. I am super fine with 0 editing, I am here to learn the game mechanics not Adobe After Effects. :smiley:

2 Likes

Got the build to 68 atm.
Feels good however I have ONE single Totem for Manifest Weapon, so my Ignite stacking is really, really low. I assume having 4 would nearly double my damage.
Some observations:

1. I have 20% Dodge, Glancing Blow cap, 69% block with 2500 or so Block Effectiveness, 41% Crit Avoidance. I think going for full Crit Avoidance and raising Block and Dodge to 100% combined is the way to go here, as Melee we need as much help as we can get!
  2. My HP is pitiful, 500 HP so far. I know that levels will fix it, I am missing a comfy 25 levels before the build slows down.
  3. I still die quite a bit, I think this is more about the missing DPS than my stats, I feel like this build should feel tanky with the stats I provided.
  4. Since Elemental protection and Armor is taken care of (with Recent Armor and Protections on Block I got to 3.2k armor mid fight, easy), I decided to run Sunforged Greathelm which converts 40% of Poison damage taken to Physical and 40% of Void damage taken to Fire. I believe this is a HUGE boost in survivability and is well worth it.
  5. Put 2 points into Sigil of the Guardian on the Sigil skill tree. Grants us 8% block (2 per Sigil) and will most likely end up with 80% block chance by level 85. Aegis of Renewal in Sentinel is also quite sexy, since you can block a LOT and having 50 health on EACH block might mean a LOT of extra survivability.

I think I should stop trying to get Dodge and just go Block + Crit avoidance. Not sure, but Crit Avoidance to 100% might make Crit Monoliths a joke. I mean, mathematically, even if the mobs have 100000% Crit chance, 100% Crit Avoidance would mean you get Crit 0 times. It opens up a lot of hard Mob affixes in Monolith actually.
Health might also be crucial, as in stacking Hybrid or Set health. Not sure which is the correct way to go here.
Lastly, relying too much on Rallying block (50 armor and protection per recent Block) might be a mistake. That and it does feel like Dodge is a heavy investment, it will eat up like 6 Affixes on gear, at least. So maybe just go for massive Health instead, with some Void/Poison/Necro Protection and ignore Dodge altogether.
And Fire Golems still OP, even with like 72% Fire protection. The chonkers don’t die fast, it’s the Totem issue I have and without these Totems I can’t really say how far the build can go.

P.S. Tunklab first itemization (dodge, low Protection values, Block reliant): Here
Second Tunklab itemization (no Dodge, better Protections, relying more on Health on Block): Here

1 Like

Yeah, these take for friggin ever. I just this morning dropped a second one. And I have three Sentinels at or above 70 and I play them the most. :flushed:

Hey guys, just wait for manifest weapon to get its own tree and the build will rock.

@Ericberic your stat are beast man, crit avoidance at 100% seems as a good idea.
How much resist do you have? Also how much Attack Speed?

Yesterday I got 2 of those idol for 40-50min playtime. Its pure RNG.

Yes, indeed it is and my RNG royally sucks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey everyone. I am giving a try to this build as a Paladin and it is starting to look great.

As a quick note, taking the Paladin Divine Bolt passive granting 20% chance to cast Divine Bolt on melee hit is really worth it. The Divine Bolt projectile pierces enemies and ignites everything on its way.

I only got 2 idols for the moment but the build is rockin’.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a way to apply this well yet?
I think this is an amazing interaction / mechanic, but i havent been able to apply it effectively in game yet…

I will post update regard the build soon. It is doing really good even after the nerf of manifest weapon idols.

Here is a screenshot of the physical damage boost, getting to 20k is kinda easy, just hit 10 mobs at the same time. Also Eye of Reen give a lot of critical damage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, +20k % increased phys damage. I wonder what we could apply that to:

Edit: I’ve not actually watched the video (sorry), but presumably it uses the manifest weapon on melee hit idols to buff the amount of ignites you have on a target?

That is absolutely correct. I am using the manifest weapon idols with 140-150% attack speed. The amount of Manifest weapon proc (almost 60% proc chance) per seconds is just absurd.

Right now I am running with 245% ignite chance and I am trying to get the blessing that gives 80% more. Each manifest weapon apply like 7-8 stack of ignite and each stack gives 15% physical dmg.

I have tested the build with different skills as shield throw (because of the base physical dmg you can get on dones), hammer throw and Forge strike.

Hammer throw is pretty decent!
But still I am using Forge strike at this moment.

Also I have tested the same build with paladin Maehlins Hubris (gloves) and it work really good, you can get a lot of ignite chances but the problem with the paladin is the survability. The extra armor/fire resist and 30% dmg reduction is just way too good to miss.

What’s it like if you don’t have the idols?

Hope you keep on developing this and find a way to apply the damage. I think theres so much potential here if we can figure out a smooth way to apply that 20k % phys damage to an attack. I think also forge guard will be the way to go, there has to be some survivability to push in arena as melee, and giving up vengeance’s 60% damage reduction, the only idea is that forge guard at least has some defenses, because the problem of playing non vengeance melee builds is just dying.

I’ll be away for a month for poe:heist, but will check back on this build to see what you come up with. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Hi ! I was testing this build and remarque thath there is a lot of DoT damage doing with Bleed because of the scaling with physical dmg, so what i’m doing it’s having at least 100% + Bleed chance to apply that big % of physical dmg as bleed dammage playing it with Undisputed . There is a lot compromise between choosing this way and having lot of more ignite chance but the damage still here and i prefere this option compare to the bleed converted to ignite. If not this build is awesome and have a lot of variant an way to play it.

2 Likes

You can use the build even w/o these idols but you will apply less ignites.

@Aliensberg I will try the Undisputed.
Few weeks I was testing to increase the bleed damage but the results weren’t good. I will give a try again.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your build in its entirety!

1 Like

Bleed build plizzz!!!