(my first build) Its over 9000!

Thanks man, awesome math skills. :yum:

What I meant is that I never took into account that you hit more than 1 enemie with the third strike. When I thought about the usefulness of this node I always only thought about how many stacks of ignite I could stack on a single target. Thought it would only work for the highest number of stacks on enemies hit. So 4+5 would consume 5 not 9.

That’s how my brain works…

And that’s why I’m an accountant.

I’m also a melee fanatic. Any aRPG I play I always go for the Paladin-esque class first (D3/Crusader, Grim Dawn/Inquistor (than Oathkeeper once FG hit.) Looking forward to toying with this. And your video is GREAT, don’t sell yourself short! I actually run a build based off of Boardman’s Orb/Vengeance, but I didn’t like Vengeance so I use Rive because I really like how it works. 1-2-1-2-3. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi guys I just tested this node and it seems it working pretty well with the build. The projectile add additional ignite stacks.

I am testing Cadence right now (1-2-1-2-3)

2 Likes

Great build, I liked a lot, u could consider to go and test paladin with the bleeding nodes and use Maehlin’s Hubris and stack a lot of ignite, may be the trade of is worth it…

1 Like

Sound as a really good idea but I am not sure if the gloves work with the passive. If someone can confirm that they convert bleed into ignite?

Also forge strike can apply bleeds stacks as well if you get “put to the sword” node but will Maehlin convert that bleed into ignite?

I just tested the gloves “Maehlin Hubris” and it seems they convert every bleed from skill, items, passive into ignite!! Which makes Paladin as a pretty decent pick for this build as well (if not even better). I will levelup one and compare it to the Forge Guard.

Forge Guard god also a boost thanks to these gloves now Forge Strike apply 150% more ignite because of “put to the sword”.

1 Like

Glad I could help, other good point of picking Paladin is that you may make the build be more tanky and have as much dps as before.

Yeah that was really good catch! I already started leveling paladin but I need to get him to same level as my Forge guard in order to make a proper test.

But with Penance and Sword of Rahyeh I am almost certain the results will be great.
Also the skill called Redemption (the one above Penance) seems to give 47% chance to get 47% damage increase per stack of Bleed from Penance… But since we are attacking so fast with Rive and Manifest weapon that damage incensement may go to the moon as well…

But also it may be a knife with two edges because if you stack more than 10+ stack of bleed on yourself that could be deadly…

1 Like

So I just hit 45 with my Forge Guard to test this out and NOW you guys decide Paladin may be the way to go. :stuck_out_tongue: Actually I’d love that because I love Paladins. But back on the Forge Guard. I like leveling a new character for a build and actually sticking with just the build as it gives me a feel for how the build really works as I level up. This has been the easiest leveling I’ve had (and I’ve got 7 other characters already to about 70.) Campaign has been a breeze (just hit Act 8.) And right now my gear and idols are sort of all over the place. My block chance is at about 25. Glancing Blow around 25. Dodge around 30. Protections all at about 55. I can facetank just about everything. I think I’ve had to kite something once. And this is with over half my gear not having a three or four suffix/prefix.

Gonna keep an eye out for those Gloves. I don’t have a pair of them, might gamble for them when I hit 47.

Seriously well done and I actually FEEL like a melee build, which is really nice.

1 Like

Lots of armour would help deal with the bleed from Pennance, plus there’s an amulet base that reduces DoT damage taken:

Plus the unique converts all void damage taken to fire damage which means there’s one less protection/affix needed. Unfortunately, it is very rare.

2 Likes

I was going to build my forge guard with that amulet and the armor/helmet affixes that convert necrotic/poison damage to physical but sadly the amulet and the affixes are “very rare” and it will take sometime.

Now I am testing the paladin to see how it will perform compared to the Forge guard. Once I get him to same level I will use same items and I will check the damage. I will keep everyone posted.

I am really happy that you are having a good time with the build! Also I am sure there is still room for improvements. We will polish it and make it into something amazing. A pure melee build capable of pushing the arena :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Paladin can get an aweful lot of ignite chance, especially if it can use fire skills as you can then use Calamity & Soulfire.

Edit: I think the max ignite chance you could get on a Paladin is somewhere in the 1,100% region.

Edit #2: Unfortunately, the bleed chance converted into ignite from the gloves doesn’t show up on the character screen, but it is apparently used correctly.

1 Like

HA! Great minds think alike. I actually am testing these right now! Leveling up a few skills but as I was putting my Paladin together for this I realized both of these might make nice addition. I’m not yet 76 (my paladin is 74) but I’m going to keep an eye out for that amulet (though it is very rare.)

The only downside of using more uniques is that it makes your character squishier since you can’t use rares to get enough defensive affixes.

1 Like

Yeah, most definitely. I’ve got resists all around 40%, glancing blow at 100. block chance 60. Right now the gear though that isn’t the legendaries is very suboptimal (several pieces have dodge % increase and i have 0 dodge rating to start with. :D) BUT I’m also using all my idols right now as fillers to boost my resists and glancing blow. I have three Sentinel characters and a bazillion idols but not a single one with manifest weapon on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to stick with the legendaries right now and see if I can start getting my boots/rings/amulet/belt a little more optimal so I can start pulling those idols if I ever drop something with manifest weapon on it.

Edit: after I spend a little more time on it, I’ll get back with what I did with passives.

I played with rive and force strike but i had defense problems in 20+ monoliths so i removed force strike and used only rive who game me almost double the dps.

Tried to use it in arena but after rank 100 and with mine 1060 the fps dropped at 1-20 fps.

To counter that i used after wave 150 when i had mostly 1-5 fps juggernaut stance.
Managed to reach wave 222 were i was mostly bored from the lag and the long fights and died.
i was using vengeange, ring of shields, devouring orb, rive and forge strike.
Then at wave 100 i removed forge strike and at wave 150 i removed rive.
Used abysall echoes and lastly juggernaut stance who was the “safe” bet as it gives 15% less damage with the movement and speed attack handicap.

So maybe for you guys with a better graphics card this build will work in high arena but sadly for me it didn’t work :slightly_frowning_face:

Would love to see this working in high level arena where the health of the mobs is much higher and you need damage.

Good thing I didn’t have these idols yet so I won’t notice the difference. :flushed:

oh that seems big change to the build. Gotta see how it will perform now.

edit: the build lost some of its performance but it still doing great and it will do even better when they add the manifest weapon skill tree to the game.

If this information is correct:
https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/ability/ManifestWeapon

Manifest Weapon will do tons of damage and also it can apply additional bleed which we will convert to ignite, especially if this node is correct:

1 Like