Llama’s Firebrand/Flame Reave Spellblade Tankyboi

that’s a good point, actually… i found the axyon while leveling and it was giving me better hits at the time, but that was before i had quite as much of the flat added fire damage from all the skill trees as i do now. i was thinking i might have to switch back to sword and shield for defensive purposes once i get into higher content, so it’s good to know that eye of reen synergizes with the direction i took the build!

I really like this combination (Firebrand + Flame Reave), and Llama8 did a great job putting this build together.
Although I made some changes in passive nodes and skill nodes (for example, I pick the node in Flame Reave that made it return to you, which I found to be fantastic), overall it follows this build.
Also IMHO, Eye of Reen is almost mandatory, unless you found a weapon that gives more flat melee fire damage, but you would probably have to put some points in “+ ignite chance” passive nodes.

Yeah, I tried the Flamer Caller node, but when I did that I didn’t have enough points in Ember Infusion to take it but I’ve changed the routing a bit so I could give up 1 point in, say, Arcane Severance (8% more melee) for a second hit from Flame Reave at 50% lower damage (so, effectively 50% more).

IMO Flame Caller definitely makes sense for an ignite build as that doesn’t focus on the hit damage so it doubles the (ignite) dps.

Found the ‘endboss’ for this build - modifier ‘dodge’ - holy, that’s annoying :blush:

Yes, Dodge is annoying as ****.

Even frozen mobs dodge - that’s really weird

wow nice build and awesome guide mate, have to start a spellblade as well asap :heart_eyes:

Hey,
I made a Lootfilter, based on Ops gear recommendations.
:exclamation: So, first a warning: This isn’t for you, if you’re gearing up, levelling etc. :exclamation:

• Every Exalted, Unique and Set item is shown, always!
  • Recommended Items (Not Exalted, Uniques and Set) are recolored (orange)
  • Some Items like (Mage) Idols are normal shown, cause you may want them for another character. Those you’ll need for this build, are orange recolored as well.

Further testing is needed to ensure that all eventualities have been considered. Therefore please: Be careful and press X to display Loot and check it if in doubt. Feel free to write me if you have improvements or if there are significant errors.

v0.2

• Unwanted rings are hidden

v0.3

• Items are hidden, if they have useless affixes/suffixes, even if the base would be good for us. (233 affixes)
2 Likes

Very nice build! I started my first “Fire Focused” Spellblade a few days ago and will definitely use this build as a resource if I should hit a brick wall.

Also Thumbs Up to @Krypt for making a LootFilter, think I’ll test it once I get to Endgame…

Thanks mate, I’ve quoted your post in my guide above. Personally the only affixes I’m interested in are the class-specific ones so your loot filter is going to be significantly more useful to everyone else. :slight_smile:

@deadnegator :slight_smile: If a build guide can get people talking about stuff & understanding it more or generally “advancing the state of the art” then it’s a good guide.

2 Likes

I have to test it further first, as it is at the moment.

But I’m thinking about making more filters because of the recommended affixes/suffixes in combination with the corresponding items. These would be even stricter :slight_smile:
But this will take some time.

For example, I would always hide items with Minion or Throwing values, because they are useless.

2 Likes

URL changed, cause of a new version and I wasn’t logged in.

Added v0.3

• Items are hidden, if they have useless affixes/suffixes, even if the base would be good for us. (233 affixes)
1 Like

Ta, updated.

Here is another lootfilter for this build. It is even stricter, meaning that it shows even less loot - in the end only the best in slot items. Some items are still displayed, because they are not included in the loot filter (e.g. scholar coat)

• Every Exalted, Unique and Set item is shown, always!

This loot filter is also still under development and will get better little by little.

v 0.5

• Added 2 new recoloring filters for T6 (orange) and T7 (red) items with affixes, you may like.

v 0.4

• Added descriptions
  • Some filters further refined

v 0.3

• Added a new filter for Affix farming. You may add or remove affixes, as you wish. Such items are recolored to Turquoise. Make sure it’s on position #1 in the filterlist, before hiding items!
1 Like

started new spellbalde yesterday and decided to go with this build, lvl 40 tanking everything, great build keep going!

1 Like

There’s a new version of the BiS Filter

v 0.3

• Added a new filter for Affix farming. You may add or remove affixes, as you wish. Such items are recolored to turquoise. Make sure it’s on position #1 in the filterlist, before hiding items!

Ta, I’ve updated the main post.

1 Like

Bit of a change in 0.7.10c, the damage bonus from Charring no longer gets inherited by Flame Reave, therefore we’d drop those points, take an amulet with a t5 mana efficiency affix (this takes the cost of Firebrand down to 9) & pick up 3 points in Blade Weaver.

Places to put the 3 points freed up from Charring are:

• 2 more points in Pyroshield for an extra 16 ward on Firebrand
  • Undying Fire for longer duration stacks (more time to maneuver into a better position to use Flame Reave)
1 Like

v 0.5

• Added 2 new recoloring filters for T6 (orange) and T7 (red) items with affixes, you may like.

V 0.4 of the BiS Filter is released.

• Added descriptions
  • Some filters further refined

Make sure to add/remove affixes from the first filter, if your looking for specific affixes, which you farm for.

I have now removed Mana Strike from my rotation and replaced it with Flame Ward. Flame ward is much more useful in higher arenas and it offers not only protection but also a very good damage boost - perfect if you need a burst.

Dilation 3/3 (Duration & Mana Efficiency)
Infusion 5/5 (+250% Fire Damage)
Through Flames 5/5 (Added Fire Damage)
Energize 2/3 (ward per second)
Prismatic Buffer 2/3 (Less Elemental Damage Taken)
Barrier 3/5 (Less Hit Damage taken)

Works fine with Mana Regeneration ~12+
I have 195 Mana (Light of the Moon from Ending the Storm Monolith) and no Mana efficiency.

1 Like