Llama’s Firebrand/Flame Reave Spellblade Tankyboi

Agreed. I did enjoy coffee’s rather philosophical approach to his videos. Said approach is good for videos as one is rather inclined to believe that the speaker doesn’t know what they will say until they say it. It’s kind of like Aphex Twin making a song. If you take away all the crap then it’s not Aphex Twin.

Most other approaches are better as a formal typed/written guide.

Great Work !

1 Like

Hey… almost managed a deathless achievement of this build… first run at Emperor Of Corpses was my only death.

But I went back and kicked his arse the very next run (lucky mof reroll). It was very easy with making sure I ticked flame ward as he starts his inner circle AoE, I was able to tank him without moving once - building stacks of Blade Weaver (6) & Firebrand (6) and then nuking him with Flame Reave. Fire shield to keep his minions busy. Incredible how tanky Spellblade wards are.

Main thing I did diferently is that I never used Eye of Reen or woven flesh. Reen didnt seem to do much as I didnt have much crit chance… A crafted Katana with speed, fire & frailty works fine… I used Prism Warps armour & Boneclamour Barbute helm. 103% crit avoidance on other gear. Every resist between 96-110% without temp buffs. Ward sits at about 800 unless I activate Flame Ward then it ticks up to close to 2k. Armour around 18%.

So lvl 82 Spellblade with roughly your build entirely capable of deathless to Emperor of Corpses lvl 100 (probably beyond if I hadnt mis timed the Flame Ward). and… I stil have plenty of passive points to come & a few gear improvements in terms of damage (Fire Pene etc) are possible.

:+1: for this build.

1 Like

If this build wasnt op enough… Just try the dual wield.

Tweeking since Oct, my build is virtually the identical (expect for one or two passives/skill points I changed) and I am using Eye of Reen / Boneclamour. I have 100% resist for everything and crit avoidance but virtually nothing else (armour only on 22%)

Sacrificed some intelligence and ward by swapping a catalyst for a Katana with t5 fire melee/frailty/attack speed and I was able to tank Emperor of Corpses even quicker without worrying about anything… The +12% extra damage for dual wielding is nothing when the ward generated was overkill anyway. Tried it with a second Eye of Reen (even more damage) and even a Humming Bee - which boosted attack speed and ward gen even higher for more “tankyboi” stats…

Hands down the best build I have played in this game so far…

I have a sneaky suspicion that a Rogue variant may be competing for top spot - too early to tell. :upside_down_face:

Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me that the DW variant would be more damage (due to more stacks of ignite).

OMG, taking a quick break from my leveling my Marksmen and had a run in Mono’s with my new found Eye of Reen, BURNNNNNNNNN baby BURNNNNNNNN

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.