Last Epoch | Dark Cleric Build (Void Knight) 0.7.9 End Game Pusher. 300+ Wave Viable!

This build makes use of Smite and Devouring Orb to be a full on caster or you can go into melee range adapt to the fights as you need too!

:arrow_right:Click here

Quick FYI, the link is currently going to your 0.7.8 spin to win VK build.

1 Like

Thank you will update my apologies
Edit: fixed now

1 Like

Why 2 points in Smite, Holy Wave node? Temporal Corruption converts Smite to void but removes the heal.

2 Likes

Was testing cleanse and didn’t take the extra point out lol. :sweat_smile: but one point to get the cast speed.

1 Like

Fair enough, I’m working on a Paladin Smite caster (delayed due to being on holiday in the arse end of beyond). I’d forgotten that Righteous Flurry buffs cast speed as well.

1 Like

That is awesome. I think smite caster is very underrated. it is difficult to get aoe out if it. but I feel th Vk makes up for that rather well. Are you going another ability for aoe?
Also hope you are having fun on holiday!

I’m hyped! Collecting the gear for this for a couple of days already and now after your build is live I’ll definitly dive into it. That means respeccing passives and skills this evening and lets get ready to rumble!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a bit concerned about the aoe as well. I was going to go with Vengeance, Smite, Holy Aura, Lunge and Sigils of Hope, then either wand/shield or Sceptre/Shield depending on how much emphasis I want to put on melee. I’m also deliberately trying to stay away from Devouring Orb and Future Strikes.

I did have a passive tree plotted out, but can’t find it.

House is nice, in a very rural area (no street lights) and has a hot tub (yay!) but no aircon (boo, cause it’s forking scorchio!).

https://www.cottages.com/cottages/little-ponds-ukc129?nights=7&adult=2&audience=ldc

1 Like

Oh man that looks really nice :heart_eyes:

Have you thought about going judgment if you go melee as well. You could scale it the same and get more healing.
Us smite while at ranged and kite. Then whennthe get close use judgment and have smile restore your mana. I haven’t tried it but seems like it would synergies.

My reasoning behind Vengeance was the defensive aspects of it plus the hp and mana on hit passive affecting both Smite and Vengeance. The downside of that is that I’ll have a lot of mana to spend (both Smite and Vengeance should be quit mana-positive, but that would enable me to keep Sigils of Hope up easily). I’ve never used Judgement so I’m not sure how it would fit in but I’ll probably give it a go.

I’m assuming I’ll use Lunge rather than Shield Rush but I’m not too set on it (plus Shield Rush is a lot easier to get you out of s**t than Lunge).

One Question tho: Why are you using the node “on the path” in the shield of rings tree? the tooltip claims that node only works using warpath, which we don’t in this build or am I missing something?

1 Like

ummm see what had happened was there was this thing called insomnia and put together 5 builds in two days fully clearing the content lol. not an excuse that is a pretty rookie mistake.
feel free to put those in slow ot extra healing I tested both of those and they work really well for this build. sorry for the couple of oversights guys

2 Likes

No problem, glad I noticed :smiley:

Almost done respeccing just need to level few skills to 20 again… gear is not optimal (necro and poison resi and low dodge) since I used a shield build before using block but its fun… need to get used to use shield rush as movement skill tho ^^

1 Like

shield rush feels so pog imo. optimal gear isn’t super necessary especially if you want to us block for a little longer till you get better gear.

Just curious to know if the ‘300+ waves viable’ is based on your knowledge of the previous patches Arena scaling or on the current patch (which buffed enemies health and damage)?

I haven’t done much Arena testing yet, but I would assume the overall ladder numbers will be down this patch, once the ladder is fixed.

1 Like

Hey! It is a mixture of both. Arena is currently bugged not just ladder. And I tested it to about 200 and could have pushed further but died do to lack of sleep and wanted to keep my schedule of a build a day. Slow and kiting is very important for arena in this build. Being a sentinel makes it tanker than make and orbs takes care of trash pretty easily. Smite will help with bosses and mostly want to play is as ranged in arena and try not to get hit. Especially at higher waves. A really skilled player could probably push further 300s is about my cap for skill level.

1 Like

Nice, that’ll be very impressive. Good luck and I look forward to all the new builds. :wink:

1 Like

thanks bud! My goal is to donit for this week. We will see how it goes :laughing:

@Rimed I’ve had a bit of a play (lvl 29), and Fissure stacks, so for 1 point you get a moderate amount of AoE on Smite. Not got far enough to unlock Judgement yet & I’m a bit disappointed in Vengeance as the damage buff is only while you have a ripost ball up, so it (Dark Duelist) will probably be less viable in arenas then monoliths. I’m also enjoying using a staff for higher damage on Smite (& Vengeance).

1 Like