Introducing Tier 6 and 7 Item Affixes

This is one of the most important phrases in this blog, for me.

This whole change sounds very exciting!

So when can we start to hunt for exalted items? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good changes. I never liked how easy it is currently to get (near) maxed out rare items. The inclusion of ā€œchaseā€ rares is good for the game. I just hope that they are rare/difficult enough to obtain to feel like a real achievement.

1 Like

Just stuff the pieces into that patch trailer and lets it ride! My body is ready!

No way I will ever use a rune if removal on an exalted item. I donā€™t use them right now because all they do is making my items even more useless than before.

But if youā€™re ready for that gamble, make sure you catch your reactions in a vid :laughing:.

Too much info, Rimed! :rofl: :yum:

1 Like

I would like to hunt for other good thing too, like good unique, set etcā€¦^^

1 Like

I agree with you completely on this, I suspect the devs underestimate the min-maxerā€™s desire to have everything the best it can possibly be, those people will probably want to see their gear as all t7 affixes. Iā€™m also curious as to how rare theyā€™ll be.

oooo purple. But what about people with porphyrophobia? :grinning:

Seriously though, itā€™s great that we have something super rare to aim for. I just worry they could be a bit too rare. I mean the odds of getting an item to roll ā€˜exaltedā€™ AND with a useful stat AND with enough other useful stats or free prefixes/suffixes to be useful at end game are astronomical. Especially once you add crafting/fracture RNG on top.

I would probably try to balance it so that thereā€™s a reasonable expectation of getting a useful exalted item that you can wear every 50-100 hours of farming, any more than that and I think itā€™s too rare and most people will never get to use one. Remember we are going to be starting over every season.

Iā€™ll admit though I was hoping for something a little more special for the highest item tier than higher numbers. I thought they might go for something like Grim Dawn with +1 points to skill X. Maybe we could have legendary idols or something for that?

6 Likes

A problem with that is what happens if you un-equip the item? Perhaps they could limit the t6/7 affixes to 1 per item? Or a max of X equipped t6-7 affixes (so you canā€™t aim for all t6-7 affixes)?

Great idea!

I thought the only benefit to introducing T6-7 affixes is to have those almost unachievable multi T7-affix ā€œchaseā€ items. Having just one T6 or T7 affix on an items seems to be on the same (or maybe slightly higher) power level to current 4xT5 affix rares.

i have to be another party pooper here. If you give people the ability to get the T7 sweetie many many players are going to want all items to have 4 x T7 sweeties.

Another thing is that i personally find that i need to start with a blue rather than yellow item for me to get a T16-20 item as i have almost never found an item with the exact 4 stats i am looking for. So it worries me that a lot of Exalted items will be useless cos they have 1-2 stats that are useless for a particular build.

Off the top of my head i would have thought that having a T6/7 rune drop which could replace an existing stat on an item would be a better way of making then really useful. Can limit it to max 2 x T6/7 stats per item and make the item unable to be re-rolled once a T6/7 stat is added. Itā€™s going to be a real downer if the first 10 Exalted items i find have 2 useless stats making the item useless. In a lot of cases 4 x T4 rolls will be better than 1 x T7 + 1 x T5 + 2 useless stats.

Well thats my 10c worth of views

3 Likes

Will it be possible to trade these? If so then that would make it a lot easier to get them.

Trading in multiplayer later is fine for me because someone still needs to farm for that certain exalted item.

That was my problem also in harvest league and early auction house d3. Once people start hanging out 24 hours in their hideout / lobby / main menu whatever buying or crafting their perfect min maxed gear, the original idea of killing monsters in an arpg gets destroyed.

Very good point that you brought up here. For casual players, getting perfect exalted items is going to be almost impossible if they can only play 1 hour per day. But the problem is somewhere else: People start thinking that once a higher tier of affix is around they need to have those exalted items to do all endgame content.

same here, i know where you coming from. But if the game allows you to do all content even with t5 gear and a couple of unique items, itā€™s completely fine and the hunt for exalted t6,t7 items is even more fun if you are not forced to find them.
Have you guys played Grim Dawn? There are build defining unique items that have been so rare couple of patches ago, that it was almost impossible to find them. Therefore beating the endgame content was really hard without those strong uniques. For a casual player, thats not fun. But i donā€™t see those t6, t7 affixes so important or build defining to beat hard content. Itā€™s not that they give you special abilities, the numbers are just a bit higher.

No new primal ancients like in d3 please :smiley: I would rather like to allow atleast to reroll those numbers with certain really rare ā€˜ā€˜exalted runesā€™ā€™ :smiley:

I donā€™t know about anyone else, but I learned a new word today.

5 Likes

This is great and all, but please please please release this patch no later than Sunday. Iā€™m off work all next week and my wife is being forced to travel so Iā€™ll have the house to myself! I could get in so many hours of LE while totally ignoring my ā€œHoney Doā€ list till Friday at like 6PMā€¦2 hours before she gets home.

2 Likes

I was hoping The T6 and T7 would be immune to removal and cleansing. But sadly that is not the case.

I love the fact that you can craft on it. And best believe there will be a reaction video :laughing:

3 Likes

Nice!

Release Now!

Totally agreed, this is what makes me enjoy a good game. Being rewarded for your time spent out the exploring and taking on hidden challenges.

2 Likes

I think you will be able to reroll even now , without exalted runes.