Introducing Tier 6 and 7 Item Affixes

Awesome. I assumed Sets and uniques went hand in hand

Yea, they do, sets are really just uniques that get an extra bonus for being together. Their individual power is generally slightly lower than a unique but together they are generally slightly more powerful but more niche and have the opportunity cost of forcing multiple specific slots being used at the same time.

2 Likes

I got an answer in Discord.

CallizerToday at 10:42 AM Is the chance of removing T6/T7 affixes the same as removing any other affixes? Or do they have special weightings?

Mike WeickerToday at 10:45 AM The only thing that is different about them when crafting in any way at all is that you canā€™t increase an affix tier above 5.

3 Likes

This is cool thank but please when more than 4 affix on items ? It would also make unique design easier to balance imo.
Limited affix on items are my main concern for the game.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the weeds right now! :wink:

6 Likes

Omgawd so many teasers in there. I see the end of time. Abomination. Mono. Its defintely and entire patch notes video. Hyper. Do not release the patch before Thursday. I will quit my job

I see the last epoch logo at end which means finished!
Mage must be showing off gear?
It wont let me click play on your boss fight :frowning:

1 Like

I just noticed ā€œEPIC - Monolith Boss Musicā€ at the bottomā€¦ HYPE lol

1 Like

This looks great! Keep up the good work.

Actually really good idea and PoE should be doing this, sick of the games RNG regarding crafting and drops being worthless

2 Likes

Loving the idea of this, it implements longevity to the builds due to always be hunting some upgrade. I also love that there are things we canā€™t craft so we need to play the game to get loot.

3 Likes

Im calling in sick at work

This looks really awesome. Really nice idea for itemization!

Hmm. I originally read that line to mean you can buy or gamble from NPC. But that we could possibly trade items with T6/7 affixes once there are multiplayer?

Should have had me edit it for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lol
Looking like fun though all those juicy bits.
I already have all notifications set and hitting refresh on the page .
I love editing personally lol. just take a while bc I get anal retentive haha
What program are you using btw?

Iā€™m a little skeptical about this change honestly. I fully concede that I may be in the minority here, but Iā€™m a bit of a perfectionist. This just seems to invalidate anything that doesnā€™t have a t6 or t7. Not to mention the ranges for the inherent item stats. Maybe having exalted items always roll with maxxed inherent values as well could work.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a neat thought about the implicits always being maxed out with T6/7 items when they drop. We are very aware that we are introducing a much higher RNG ceiling to drops with this update. We will for sure keep an eye on it and respond to feedback. We arenā€™t afraid to tweek the numbers and modify the system until itā€™s awesome! Keep that critical feedback coming.

15 Likes

are gear implicits affixes going to be buffed? because right now I feel implicits on some of the item slots are extremely lack luster, like the relics for example.

3 Likes

Does this mean that encounters and game difficulty arenā€™t going to be heavily balanced around T6/7 items?

Are there also any plans to limit the trading of T6/7 items?

While Iam glad to see new staff, it reminds me a bit early days of Diablo 3, where rare items in theory supposed to be best in slot. (and legendaries / sets items were pretty garbage)
But people after months of playing and not getting updates started to complain, that forced
Blizzard to change their itemization strategy.

People, who with the most HYPE now ofcourse think, that they are the ones that will get perfect rolled T7 items, because why not, if they play 24/7.
And same people can get very disappointed, if they end up with same t5 items they have now, but with nerfed ranges. (in that context i was pretty against nerfing T5, and t6/t7 must have really high ranges to balance with rng to get them)

Also iam afraid that those items starting instability will be pretty high, that will make optimizing of item almost impossible

4 Likes

looks like a great idea. itā€™s nice to have some items in game that can only come from challenging content, so I hope stuff like this is expanded on and not just level or grind-based