Enemies Do Too Much Damage?

Yeah in act 7 and 8 dmg is tuned a bit higher than i would have expected as i was progressing. Obviously this will change over time but it was quite frustrating as a melee.

Great discussion going on!
Noting down which enemies specifically you think deal too much damage, as well as which attack, is very helpful when we go in to balance them. Even better would be to also include what kind of build you have and how your defenses are setup.

2 Likes

First of all, I am only in levels 40 so not doing any monolith etcetera so cannot vouch for this game but reading all this makes me feel:

• The game should not give the opportunity to rely on health regain mechanics that make players unkillable unless one-shotted. I vote for much less health regain outside of potions, so there is a constant struggle to keep up your life bulb instead of always being at at least 90%.
  • I do not like mechanics that give a chance to completely avoid crits or other stuff. It has to be a constant flat or percentage. Otherwise there is still that cruising mode in 99% until it bypasses the RNG and you die instantly. Remove GB and other similar mechanics please.

Off the top of my head the most notable enemy would be siege golem. I feel the siege golem is overpowered in general, but the fire spray attack is the one that is most deadly. There are some other enemies as well, but I can’t remember the names so I’ll make another reply when I find out.

As for my defenses

Sentinel:
85% armor
65% for all resistances
72% chance to block, with 3000 block effectiveness

Primalist;
60% armor
70% resistances
95% glancing blow chance

1 Like

As a melee character, yeah it’s DEFINITELY overturned. Nearly all of my ‘stops’ in Arena are the result of Siege Golems.

1 Like

Even as my shaman siege golems are a pain since avalanche only reaches so far.

Just make mobs dot be counted as hits and boom done deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Yes they might still be overtuned.

Or you could get rid of Glancing Blow & halve the damage they do.

2 Likes

I was hoping to sneak in a even more tanky block chance build that could now block and GB DoT :stuck_out_tongue:

The entire meta being defensive is because you don’t need additional damage to kill things. Yea, you will kill it slower, but when deaths are so punishing(ending your run) and there is no clock to race against it is very much a binary check: did you die? 1 or 0, input the data.

What we really need out of this is threefold imo.

1. remove glancing blow and/or crit avoidance to lower the possible max level you can “survive” and open affixes on gear for more interesting options. Along this same line of thought, consider merging the stats into one affix and removing the “set” types.

2. Compensate damage output of mobs for lower defenses we now have.

3. Make the rounds timed! Dps stats should matter too. Finding the healthy balance of offense and defense, along with strong game mechanics is what makes creating a build fun. This is something D3’s greater rifts got right.

PoE has only increased in popularity after they made these changes.

These type of games start out catering to the 1% of hardcore ARPG players until they realise that the majority of people just like slaughtering waves of monsters with bright flashy effects.

At the end of the day they are a business and they will do what is necessary to increase profits. I just hope we can get there sooner than PoE did.

YES!!! This would allow more room for other crafting options too

PoE still caters primarily for the 1%, most people don’t get into red maps, let alone the likes of shaper/elder/uber elder & the league bosses. But they’d be stupid to ignore the masses, there’s simply too many of them & if they can get 1 supporter pack from most of them per year, I suspect that would be more cash than the 1% that buy every supporter pack every league.

You mean you want that we quickly get a power creep in Last Epoch where we zoom zoom and one shot the whole screen without breaking a sweat ?
If that’s the case, i disagree with you :slight_smile: Entirely. POE is now the shadow of it’s former self…
Diablo 2 is probably one of the best ARPG that ever existed, and it’s not boomy zoomy like Poe :wink:

1 Like

I agree, video games are a business.
But it’s also a work of art and passion… I like to compare it to movie maker or musicians, they need to make a living out of their creation, but it shouldn’t restrain them in their dreams.

I hope that the devs will keep the vision of the game that they wish to create, rather than kepping a vision of a video game that please the masses and is soulless (y, i’m talking about POE here :slight_smile: ) . Poe is a prime example of a failure.

1 Like

“Success” & “failure” are very subjective terms though, they can mean very different things to different people. Given how many people play PoE, it is successfull.

1 Like

Yeah yeah… People also think that some corrupted people are successful…
I would like to disagree cordialy with them tho :slight_smile: But i agree with you, it’s subjective.

But unfortunately, success is not a good metric to see if something is good or not (you just have to hear the bad bands that are popular to understand that).

After around lvl 20 on the monolith I’m expecting to die. Those mods start adding up against you. There is no shame in dying after lvl 20 in the monolith. Keep an eye on what killed you and try to plug that hole the best you can, and give it another go.

This coming from a guy who has the reaction time of a two toed sloth and drinks metamucil in the morning to stay regular.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.