Cant load characters

Just got the patch…but i cant load up my BM, or a couple other toons. On the select screen, i see my health and mana globes…but when i enter the game, nothing happens. Hope this gets fixed soon…

Moving thread from General to Bug Reports.

Could you please post both a screenshot and a log file?

If you play through Steam, I’d also suggest that you try scanning for data corruption.

yeah…no idea how to do that…followed the log file path you gave, couldnt get there. Ill wait and hope this issue gets fixed.
only happens with my two favorite characters, my lich and beastmaster, others work, but chat is dead on all toons.
I dont run on steam.

Did you replace [username] with your username?

Currently you are the only person who has reported this issue. Thus, it is likely that we’ll need to troubleshoot issues specific to your install. We have no way of fixing this remotely at present.

I’'ll piggyback on this thread as i am experiencing the same thing.

output_log.txt (24.6 KB)

login bug.zip (661.8 KB)

I clicked on the skills and got a list of available skills which appear to be a strange mix of mage and primalist abilities, including some that are not in game (yet?). Additionally, i appear to be having issues with some inventory overlapping on some of my alts, and when i click enter game, i see a faded icon for some crafting materials follow my cursor, as seen in the attached screenshot, to the right of my character’s feet. Thanks in advance.

I’m getting the problem that OP described. Log in post-patch, select a character from the last patch, click Enter World and get the screen OP described. I tried following the log file path but didn’t see a log file there. The path fails after [username] where I do not find AppData. I’m also not sure how to post a screenshot as it is not one of the permitted file types, (Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: txt, ini, log, zip, spx).

I hope this is useful.

AppData may be hidden depending on a setting in Windows. Try pressing the windows key at the same time as the r key, then type “appdata” (without quotes) and press enter.

You can’t upload images directly to the forum, but you can embed a link from somewhere else (i.e. imgur.com). Thanks!

Same issue, here’s my output_log

output_log.txt (45.7 KB)

Are these all characters that were created in 0.7.4?

Edit: thanks for the reports guys, if you have more logs, please continue to post them. We do have fixes ready for the problems listed above.

Same issue here, only for some characters.
https://imgur.com/a/DjHkxcv
output_log.txt (1.4 MB)
Characters affected are: Artix, Aer, Baraka, Karsas, BRRRT, and SnapCrackle. All characters I’ve made are from 7.4.

thanks dude!

yeah i got lost on that path as well

Having this issue as well. It displays chat and allows you to type in it, but you are unable to send a message out.

output_log.txt (153.1 KB)

Same issue here. Relieved I am not the only one. I only had the one character before this patch and could not load in. I created a new character which loaded in fine but all kinds of messy things happens with it, monsters when killed remain upright and its inventory can’t be managed.
output_log.txt (88.4 KB)

Hi everyone! We’ve released a fix for this issue with Patch 0.7.5b. Please download it and let us know if the issue is resolved, and please post your log file again if the issue persists.

Thanks for your patience and working with us to solve the issue!

Same issue here.
https://imgur.com/a/8dtiguy

0.7.5b should fix this issue. To download it on the Standalone client, simply close the game and run the launcher again. Steam may need to be restarted before the update appears (right click on its taskbar icon and select “Exit Steam”), and then it will update automatically in the background or the next time you launch the game.

Sweet! Fixed for me, you guys are quick!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.