Beta 0.7.5 Patch Notes

Well, allthough i didn’t play werebear (yet), i’m kinda cautious with Arguments about Nerfs/Balancing like this which are mostly based on Patchnotes, and not actually trying / playtesting the stuff ingame. From my experience such “Patchnotes-Feedback” are rarely correct and mostly a overstatement / exaggeration on the playerbase and when this stuff is tested properly afterwards by the players, it’s not that bad or useless, simply not as effective anymore as before.

Not trying to claim it can’t be case, but it is rather wonky to complain about balance changes 30 minutes after the release of patchnotes without actually playing it first.

Awesome, thanks for the update. :heart_eyes:

Some feedback on the layout of the patch notes before I forget…it might be easier to quickly go through relevant Skill Balance changes if they are divided into class sub headings and then alphabetically afterwards.

Current cost seems to be 5, not 10.

This can be the case, but usually isn’t: I and other people pointed out on its first preview that Disintegrate’s tree implied it would be terrible and have basically no functional damage relative to its risks and costs. Since then it has been buffed in 3 consecutive patches and likely still isn’t doing the damage it really needs to.

Yes, people in update threads often do spout doom and gloom too quickly, but this patch’s Werebear changes are pretty obviously a massive over-correction. Ideally things can find a better middle ground, which is where actual in-game testing will come into play.

1 Like

Very nice, but unfortunately i lost a lot of my Runes and Glyphes. :frowning: But hey, Life goes on. :slight_smile:

PS: FYI I just picked up a Rune of Refinement but it doesn´t show up in the new Inventory Tab or the normal Inventory.

Only the Rune of Removal and the Glyph of Stability show up.

1 Like

I’m working on it right now. The new ladder is up on the web page but it won’t update quite yet. We’ve just gotta do one more little update on the website to make to switch over fully. Should be done later today.

As for character eligibility, your 0.7.4 characters are eligible for the ladder. Their previous highest arena waves will not be recorded. You’ll have to set new arena wave bests on the new patch.

Also if you are playing on the new patch already, your deeds between now and then will be recorded on the ladder when it goes live again.

Edit: Ladder is live, go for it guys.

1 Like

Werebear looks like it may have been over-nerfed, but I will try that out and see for myself.

The aspect of this patch I have the biggest issue with is the changes to entangling roots. I would like roots to maintain its melee damage and stun functionality. I don’t see why the druid and shaman can’t both have a skill that allows them to deal melee damage around them. The melee upgrades were my favorite part of that skill. I don’t want to have to now go 15 points down the shaman tree to get the same functionality.

Awesome looking patch!

I’m not home from work yet but if they took away the stun on entangling roots that will be a real shame. Adding a small amount of cc provides another layer of gameplay. Would suck if our characters just end up doing damage and having mitigation in game… what a shame…

So many changes it looks like, and darn… was hoping earthquake was a spell lol, owell, looking good!

I feel very excited about this because there is no need to replay my characters all over again, just like what I did during v 0.74 :rofl:
So, I’m wandering if there is a plan to make images available in forum other than links from other websites? :thinking:

And you’ve got a lot of high level characters too.

I fell really concentrated when calculating the stats of my builds, and I even create an excel to do that :rofl:
LE is an excellent game indeed. I’m sure it can be much better :+1:

IMO throwing damage was already lack luster. Though I know when build JUST RIGHT hammer throw was a good skill but still wasnt as good as some other skills.

Since I have to go through another 13.5GB download before I can play, I’ll just address this point here: considering that the main complaint about items has been about how ludicrously RNG-reliant it is (to put it in perspective, you have less than 60% to put on just 4 shards without it already shattering if you don’t have the relatively rare Glyph of stability), and your response is to add even more layers of RNG into it?

I’ve already listed in other threads about how skills are way too RNG-reliant, and how just finding a good base item is a hard task, much less finding it with affixes my builds really need. Why do you shove so much RNG when all we want to do is test builds and make sure your skills are even functional?

Having issues with the crafting stuff. Only stability and removal are available and everything else is blank. Can not access them at all, even when gathering them it automatically stashes them. Have to keep shattering separate in order to still use them.output_log.txt (1.1 MB)

Because they need to develop the itemization towards release quality.

How does the RNG stop you from making sure your skills are functional? It doesnt randomly chose the nodes for you.

Chapter 7 was very good. I really like the direction of music and MAP adventure.:smile_cat:

To confirm, my glyphs and runes have disappeared and they appear to get deleted when I click “stash materials”