Beta 0.7.5 Patch Notes

Since I have to go through another 13.5GB download before I can play, I’ll just address this point here: considering that the main complaint about items has been about how ludicrously RNG-reliant it is (to put it in perspective, you have less than 60% to put on just 4 shards without it already shattering if you don’t have the relatively rare Glyph of stability), and your response is to add even more layers of RNG into it?

I’ve already listed in other threads about how skills are way too RNG-reliant, and how just finding a good base item is a hard task, much less finding it with affixes my builds really need. Why do you shove so much RNG when all we want to do is test builds and make sure your skills are even functional?

Having issues with the crafting stuff. Only stability and removal are available and everything else is blank. Can not access them at all, even when gathering them it automatically stashes them. Have to keep shattering separate in order to still use them.output_log.txt (1.1 MB)

Because they need to develop the itemization towards release quality.

How does the RNG stop you from making sure your skills are functional? It doesnt randomly chose the nodes for you.

Chapter 7 was very good. I really like the direction of music and MAP adventure.:smile_cat:

To confirm, my glyphs and runes have disappeared and they appear to get deleted when I click “stash materials”

• RNG prevents you from knowing the base damage of skills, which goes a long way towards knowing whether a skill will be useful or not (see the Disintegration preview and complaints by other players about how low the upside to downside ratio was).
    *Adding to the above point, without knowing a skill’s base damage, RNG prevents players from knowing whether a skill’s nodes that increase damage (additive or multiplicative) even work or not. There have been multiple cases of nodes outright not working and we could have found them out sooner if you made it easy for us to calculate a skill’s damage.
  • RNG prevents people from obtaining even decent gear so that they can determine whether a lackluster skill is due to poor build development or the skill being outright awful.
  • And that doesn’t go into the inherit RNG of many skills such as Tempest Strike which make them outright useless in situations where you need them to work the most.

All this does is force people to go into “2nd job” levels of grind before they can provide any sort of feedback on skills and builds they want to try out. Most beta testers don’t have this sort of time to sink before they can even play the game; it only increases confusion and the likelihood that the game will be released as a unfinished mess.

Rng stands for random number generator. Base damage of skills is not random therefor not rng

According to the Last Epoch Gamepedia, all damage is randomly scaled between -25% base damage and +25% base damage. Hard to calculate a skill’s base damage, especially for skills that take 20 base class + 15-20 mastery class points to unlock, if you’re not willing to strip out of your equipment, respec all your passive points and all the skill nodes you’ve worked up to this point just to attack a Training Dummy to figure out the base damage.

So I’m reporting your post as it’s not only patronizing, but completely ignorant of the game’s combat engine.

Lol do what you must

But like you jist said the base damage is scaled for each attack. Its still a base damage you start with and the base is not random there is a set number in there adding and subtract9ng to the base damage is different

Even if a skill has a base damage of 100 and can be 25 higher/lower, why not say base dam is 75-125?

Just say “somewhere” on the skill panel, base damage at this level is x-y and perhaps total damage too? or show the total damage with base dam (x-y) behind it?

The base dps on charpanel does add in everything already unfortnatly

This way we can still use math to double-check if everything works as intended. (As long we also know the “correct” formula’s, (although many may already have been given))

ps any passive/skill node that adds Z to base damage or even in % form is or from stat’s like int is never part of base dam. Charlevel might be part of it.

Why not use a skill and see what Damage it does as a plain skill (yet without skilltree). To get to the base, unequip your Equipment… eventually Count in your passives (as removing all of them to see the base dmg would be a bit too tedious).

:smiley:

A lot of game improvement, lot work nice job guys! But i didn’t have time to test yet. Will come later for other feedback.
Talking about the shapeshifting bear i wish you guys would implement others too like eagle and werewolf form:)

Hey Travelers!

We’ve put out a patch to address bugs that have been reported in 0.7.5, and make a few adjustments. Read the patch notes here: Beta 0.7.5b Patch Notes

We expect to put out another patch soon to address additional bugs. Thanks!