UI Elements Flickering (0.7.9)

Hello, it’s been a few months since I last played and thought would jump back in on 0.7.9.
Noticed some weird flickering when it first loaded in but didn’t take much notice, made a new character (replaced drives since last played, so no old characters or settings).
Even before the tutorial hub, I was having the action bar flicker every now and then when I was using skills.
Went to change options and all of the settings windows were flickering whenever the sidebar was moved.
Changing from medium to high fixed for about. 30 seconds. then randomly would come back.
Also tried changing from fullscreen/windowed borderless with no luck. Turned off steam overlay still shows.
Quick video of opening the game from steam and going right to settings window.

I don’t remember having any issues when I last played.

DxDiag.txt (102.3 KB) le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)

1 Like

Playing isn’t as bad as the options menu there but does flicker (seems to happen at times when mouse over changes even just mouse over items in inventory makes parts of the inventory screen flicker

Very strange. I haven’t seen this problem before. I would recommend trying to repair the game if you’re playing through Steam.

If that doesn’t help, could you please attach your log file? Thanks!

Hi Hackaloken,
Verified and 1 file failed to validate. Launched and even on the main title screen could still see it happening as soon as hovered the settings button (flickers even just hovering over it)
Loaded character, opened inventory and could reproduce it just hovering over equipped items.
There was someone else in discord having the same issues also.

Player.log (23.7 KB)

0.7.9c
Played a bit today and had somewhat more? issues. Wasn’t as bad at first but got progressively worse, especially in combat.
Noticed random triangle shaped flickers as well, seemed to be when mob abilities did a slam and left ‘cracks’ on the ground.
Took another quick vid and at times you can see the skills window somewhat flickering in.

Player.log (603.5 KB)
Hopefully this helps somewhat :slight_smile:

Thanks for the updates! Unfortunately, I don’t see anything obvious from the log files. I would recommend updating your graphics card drivers if you haven’t already.

If that doesn’t work, try disabling/lowering graphics options and see if that helps. I would start with the options for shadows and reflections. Apologies for not having more definite advice than that.

UI flickering is a general issue, its not Breet’s issue.
I have asked around and people are experiencing (myself included) large white flickers on the bottom of the screen at random times (maybe most during combat?)

I play on my laptop and using “very low” settings in order to play at 40-50fps.
(If i turn it to “low” settings it drops to 30fps but if there are many particles/monsters goes down to 10fps.)

I used to get it sporadically as well before I upgraded my machine (cpu, mobo, gfx card, ram), but I’ve not seen it since.

From memory I had an i5-4670k and a GTX 1060, now using a ryzen 7 3800x & a 2070 super gfx card.

Thanks for your replies.
I did try lowering reflections and shadows, was seeing flickering still. Then dropped the global settings to very low. Was still seeing some, not as much.
Bumped it back to High and for at least 30mins I noticed maybe 3 or 4 flickers of the action bar.
I am on an i5 4670k with a 1070ti, could have something to do with it? (I know I need an upgrade :frowning: )
Just strange the last time I played (pre critters being added, few months ago?) was fine, and the only hardware change was OS ssd and a storage drive. Game ssd is still the same. Am running the latest nvidia drivers, and only other thing I can think is newer version of win10. Didn’t notice cpu/memory or gfx maxing out on task manager while playing. Hopefully just a gremlin that moves on before release.
Ty for the help :slight_smile:
B

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.