Trading! or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bazaar!

Indeed, IMO it doesn’t.

Which MMOs have that? The only one I’ve played was SWTOR which didn’t have such a limit. Ironically, the only game I played that did (eventually) have that was D3 ('cause it’s not an MMO & did originally have unrestricted in-game trading).

Personally I wouldn’t like that since it then forces you to play MP if you want to trade, and if nothing happens to drop while you’re in that party then you’re out of luck in that regard. It would be nice to see how the devs’ thoughts on this have changed over the years.

World of warcraft & The elder scrolls online have that system, where by you play a group activity and loot is tradeable between the members of that group for 2 hrs, after 2 hrs, the window is closed.

I dont know how familiar you are with ESO so hence this explanation.

So in ESO they have a loot from dungeons called monster helms, aswell as set pieces, both from dungeons & trial content, neither of these loots are tradeable via guild stores, (Bazaar in LE) however they are tradeable with members of the party you were with for the 2 hr duration.

Another example, what if your a solo player, a member of no guild or have friends within the game, you would use the group finder, and form a PUG, at the start of the run you type in the party chat, looking for X piece of gear, you dont get it, but player B does, why shouldnt you be able to trade freely with that player, you did the content, just didnt get the RNG luck.

This is why you can form farming parties when hunting set pieces or monster helms in ESO.

I appreciate LE isnt an MMO, but why would it be so hard to implement something along those lines, so there is no need for bloated friends lists just to trade.

1 Like

Hope so.
Definitely shouldn’t follow GGG’s example in this regard, as they’ve made trade a horrible experience.

1 Like

I hate the trade as is propose. If i only can give something to a friend if he is with me when drops then is worthless, is basically telling you play always with your friend or never, because you cant get gear for him if he cant play, i would prefer a lot more if they put a Wakfu like system, you got three options, good old market that work as an auction house, player - player direct trade and player shops, that way everyone is happy, you get what you want looking specifically on the auction like market, i give what i want to my friends and finally the people that enjoy being afk and selling stuff also can do that.

Make items account bound is stupid because duplicates are a thing and not everything is gonna have high demand so you are going to end with low level uniques that are worthless for you, worthless for the common player that you find in bazzar but that could be useful for a friend that want to start playing the game.

I probably gonna end doing left and go in the bazzar until my friend can find my shop since they decided to put this RNG system.

take a look at Wakfu/Dofus system, have AH, player - player direct trade and afk shops and is still there working without problems (at least the trade system)

AH can do good if well implemented the think is that blizzard messed up, thats why i am so happy that i only play D3 on my ps4 when i can trade with anyone that enter to my lobby any item any of us have any time we want, because trade should be a nice feature not a thing so restricted by so many rules and things, keep it clean, simple and enjoyable and not as a feature so restrictive that ends being a niche thing or a thing that is going to end with a lot of threads of complains like this one, thats why i prefer having more options, so everyone can get what they want.