This game should be NOTHING like PoE, Grim Dawn or Diablo 3, stop mentioning those~!

D3 is a successful game. PoE is a successful game. Both games have huge communities and provide a huge amount of money to the companies that own them.

It’s just not necessary to know the exact numbers and compare them. GGG doesn’t care if it’s no. 1 or 2 given the money they earn.

Blizzard may be a bit disappointed because the game was not received as good as they might have expected. They lost a lot of potential customers to their skill system and comic graphics. On the other side they may also have gotten new players to the franchise that outweigh that fact. Who knows if D3 would be more successful than it was with a more restrictive skill system and darker graphics?

You can go on and debate on this. But even Blizzard and GGG might not know who’s more successful.

I find it refreshing that different games in the genre play different. This diversity is good for the genre and people can switch between games if they want.

I see many people that seem to have the feeling they have to side with one game and hate the other. This is not necessary.

Wholeheartedly I hope that EHG is at least successful enough to pay the salaries of their employees and create an IP that generates a save income for a long period of time. LE does not need to have the largest community of all ARPGs. It has not to be better or convince people to not play D3 or PoE. I hope it finds the place between those games to establish itself. If LE ever manages to compete with the big players (what I hope) this defenitely won’t be possible right from the start with 1.0. It’s a long road and we first need to build a solid foundation before we could reach for the stars.

This is only possible if you somehow can manage the following competing goals:

• Have unique features that are fun and make the game outstanding
  • But also use known and well established mechanics that are already fun in other games
  • Evolve established mechanics to solve issues these mechanics have in other games
  • Don’t screw up the release!
5 Likes

hahahahahaha dumbest post Ive ever read man. Diablo 2 is still top of the genre for 100s of reasons. If you think nostalgia has anything to do with it it is VERY obvious you have never played the game.

This is your opinion, mine is different. Just because I disagree with you does not mean that I haven’t played the game or that I’m dumb.

1 Like

Really mature, you’re attacking my username now. Maybe I didn’t want to copy it exactly so I changed it, or maybe it has nothing to do with Karate Kid and I got it from a Lost Prophets song?

You have made it clear that it doesn’t matter what anyone says, your opinion is the only valid one and everybody else is wrong. I see no point continuing to reply to you while you are behaving like an autistic child.

3 Likes

It’s not a deflection, he’s just trying to get you to understand that there are other opinions out there & that they are valid. I don’t have any problem with you holding the opinion that D2 was the best game ever & that it’s impossible to best. What I (& many others apparently) have a problem with is your presenting a subjective opinion as objective fact & the constant denigration of other people who hold a differing opinion.

Their opinions aren’t an attack against you personally, so you probably shouldn’t attack others as vehemently as you do, which is probably why you got banned.

4 Likes

I actually have arguments for mine, you just go no yours is nostalgia without giving any points on why Diablo 2 would not be at the top of the food chain anymore. (even though any new arpg still gets compared to D2 which should already tell you all you need to know)

It is factual that diablo 2 is the best. If you people actually would come with some points as to why it is not then I could actually counter those points but you people dont know how to argue.
Your new generation is brainwashed with “just say that is your opinion and then the discussion is over.” Thats not how it works though XD Opinions are actually based on arguments and point for us normal people.

Not planning on being around much longer, huh?

4 Likes

No, that’s just your opinion.

We do, you just don’t like them, and like Flat Earthers, you then claim any points you don’t like are “factually” wrong & ignore them before segueing into personal attacks.

You’re assuming I’m younger than you. I know you can have a discussion without having to attack the person, something you may wish to learn.

4 Likes

I have this weird feeling another thread will be locked soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah in 2000 ^^. Diablo 2 is eye cancer, clunky af, user unfriendly, badly balanced, there are still cookie cutter builds after 20 years of messed up balancing, the itemisation is blunt, useless attributes because if you want to shine you go for equipment prerequisits and dump everything else in Vit, borderline boring classes with borderline boring skills, no gameplay depth for real because it all comes down to math and grind for gear without skills changing at all and always do the same stuff.
I like D2 a lot but I’m realisitc and D2s sold copys are a joke vs D3. D3 is simply a game for the grey mass of silent players who play the game and don’t visit forums. It’s glorious from a company point of view because it printed a lot of money and a lot of people still play it on and of. D2 might shine if there will be a remastered version of it but so far even the GD mod is superior to vanilla D2 or D2 with the addon.
So I’m eager to see real arguments now from a 2020 point of view that speak for D2 outside of nostalgia and runewords ^^.

3 Likes

You guys are getting trolled by the way.

2 Likes

If this is a troll it’s the worst one ever. For me it looks like he’s beliving in what he says ^^.

4 Likes

lol what am I dealing with over here, 12 year olds?

Sales dont equal quality. I thought everybody knew this by now…

Thinking diablo 2 is the best arpg is trolling to you kids these days? SMH your generation is doomed for real…

There is but I don’t think you’ll need it.

2 Likes

So much for facts :D. I think it might be enough tho and it was fun while it lasted but it seems like some people are simply advice resistent no matter what ^^. Can’t wait for the lock ^^.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.