Testing's necessity

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Last Epoch or Eleventh Hour. It is something that I hope will happen here and has not happened enough in games these day.

I have said in the past that I would not play Last Epoch, I had someone challenge me to try some recent changes and they have improved the game. I hope for it to become really good.

What I have seen through other games and companies is the lack of proper testing. There is a rule in programming, test any changes.

Diablo 3 and Blizzard are not testing enough for it. Season 19/patch 2.6.7 are the best example of this. They tested some additions and then made changes after that were not tested. That fiasco was caused by not testing major changes. All of season 19 was about an overbuffed build. They seem to have learned some things from it.

Another example is the release of Wolcen. They kept a lot secret and away from the players. However, how badly it has done is a sign of very little or no testing. They had to pull the server offline, not just add more capacity, which implies a programming error. I know I cannot play for more than 15 minutes without it crashing to desktop. However, neither of these were the case for the last beta patch. It means there was a change causing them, and, most likely, were not properly tested.

So what is the point of all this?

Please, Eleventh Hour Games, let people test everything. If a problem shows up and the game will not come out on April 30, then that should not be a problem. Do not do a release crunch. Give yourself enough time to make the game stable and balanced.

If you have to make change, please test it.

The game has already been postponed to Q4 2020, they saw that they wouldnā€™t be able to deliver the game on April :wink:

1 Like

That is awesome.

I checked on the release date last night and almost everything still says April 30. I was getting worried with how close that was and how much still needed to be added in.

I cant speak for ehg but with whats been in the patches and looking at there forecast table we are currently testing everything they have amd will continue dowm that path. Of course we should expect a few feature withheld for release but again I dont know.

Heyo,

Could I ask where you checked that?

If on Steam, it shows the date the game became available through Early Access last year. Itā€™s been a while since I went into the store pageā€™s backend, but I would be surprised if we are able to manually change that. I could check this tomorrow if you would like.

1 Like

When you do a search using google for ā€œlast epoch release dateā€, they have one of their own summary screens at the top that says it is April 2020.

The steam link from that search says April 30. There is a Gamasutra link that says the same thing.

You can try and change those if you want. I am very happy to hear that you are taking the time you need. However, I can imagine some people who see that google information at the top and think the wrong thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.