Tattoos to raise stats

Could be a very cool mechanic to “enchant” your gear/character.

Would love to see that with not only basic stats, but unique effects like blessings.

Still, why does it need to be tatoos specifically? Why can’t it be new uniques or a grim dawn style augment on pre-existing gear?

It doesn’t. That was just my starter idea.

It could be done in a similar fashion to the way Grim Dawn uses the Constellation system; a system of trees to pick from in which to insert a finite amount of points that you earn as you progress. I know LE already has a few of those systems, and their entire skill system is basically this, but as in GD the constellations allow you to tailor a build more to a specific niche and this could serve that same type of purpose. I like the idea of tattoos, and it would be another way to add some more aesthetic differentiation between builds. How they visually implement it IDK. Maybe you don’t get the visual of the tattoo unless you fill all nodes for that tattoo, so you can mix and match but don’t get the aesthetic unless you invest fully? That could help cut down on how much visual junk would be going on?

I don’t think I agree, but I don’t have any good point asside from “It would be overpower” but even then I’m not sure.
Instead I will suggest a good option to make it happen.
Engravings
Add a single engraving “slot” on rare item, something like 10% chance of getting said slot when dropped.
They could give a single stat boost and if you have 4 or more of them same Engraving will double the total.
This would help add stats boost, without adding another point system and also keep it lower to avoid too much powercreeping.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.