I would like to voice my support for implementing WASD movement instead of only ‘Click to Move’ mouse. Whilst I find the ‘hold a key to move towards mouse’ movement better than just only mouse movement, I believe it to be INSUFFICIENT!
My problems with click to move mouse movement is:
- Accidentally clicking enemies when you need to be running
- Constantly having to zigzag your mouse across the screen to kite
- Excessive clicking!
Benefits of WASD
- Always move in the exact direction you want
- Mouse can always be targeting the correct spot/enemies
- Most efficient (IMO) control scheme for kiting
If the reason to note have WASD is something like “literally every other ARPG uses click to move mouse” or “ARPG were built on click to move movement”, then I say these are shitty reasons to not implement what many players could find to be a very useful/helpful movement system. You need not be bound to old systems whence an equally enjoyable/useful option exists that some players would enjoy more.
I tried checking the discord/FAQ/pre-alpha build to see if it was already planned or not, and it seemed like it wasn’t. So hopefully I didn’t waste anyone’s time requesting something that was already in the works. I understand the devs are working on controller support, but I would personally still prefer mouse/keyboard with WASD.