Win 10 x64
Steam buggy install/unpacking
How consistently does this happen?
Every update, every single one.
Steam asked me to update LE to latest patch…
… I checked the download queue, it listed a 9gb update, and I started the update.
… 10 minutes later, after being stuck at 34%, it showed new values, 6gb in filesize…
I had to quit steam and restart it to fix it, and it still takes abnormally long to update LE.
I tried with both throttled (4 MB/s) and unlimited connection (peaking around 8 MB/s) to the London download gateway, same issue.
I switched to Germany, same issue, now I’m stuck at 48% and it moves 1% every once in a while, totally disregarding my unlimited bandwidth.
Mind you, I just reinstalled windows 2 weeks ago, and steam runs off a shiny new 500gb ssd.
To me, the situation is similar to the quirky Path of Exile updates, when steam offers them in a delayed fashion, and plenty of errors/problems compared to the default (non-steam) client.
I’ll play the beta via steam, but for the release, I’m going with the retail client…