Stash tabs gone

I guess I’ll wait? for someone else to have the problem before you fix it? You are being a Wolcen.

Hi there, sorry you’re experiencing difficulties. It feels like this post is a follow up to a previous one but I can’t find another one that you’ve made? We are working to fix these issues as quickly as we can. I’m assuming that you mean the items that were in your stash tabs are gone and not the actual tabs themselves.

I see that you were having some issues with character loading before. If those have been resolved, did your characters come back or did you have to start over again?

If it is a new character, I just need to check that it is in the same “league” so that’s HC vs SC and that you aren’t playing Solo Self Found as this will force a unique stash.

If you are loading in to an old character, did your crafting materials and gold also vanish? They are stored in a very similar method to the stash and should probably behave the same way.

If possible, getting you to submit your player.log file would be very helpful in attempting to solve the issue. More information on finding that can be found here: https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

Sorry, I know that was a bunch of questions, just gotta get that sweet sweet info.

When I got my character list back the last character I was last working on didn’t come back.

I only play SC, and all of the characters remain SC. None of them have challenges.

Logging into any character nets the same results.

All gold and crafting mats are also gone.

Log files will do no good. I have relogged many times. Checked/Verified files, and ultimately reinstalled it for now.

Hmm, ok, did you play before patch 0.7.7?

yessir

OK, it’s a long shot, but your data might still live in your registry.

Are you comfortable going to check your registry for something? I just like to make sure before sending someone in there in case a mistake is made.

I’ll look, but I don’t know my way around.

OK, I can take you directly to the right spot, I just want to be clear that you should be careful. If you accidentally modify the wrong thing in there, it can be bad.

Head to:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch

You should see several keys including one named (or very similarly named):
Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_h3873769360

If that is there just double click on it. It should look kinda jumbled but you should be able to make out some of your stuff on the right part of the file. If that’s there we might have a chance of recovering it.

This is kinda experimental and I just tested it for the first time so I’m not sure if it will always work.

The overall process will be to:

1. Temporarily move your saves out of the new location
  2. Load up the game, have it auto move the old data over to the new location. (This will hopefully put your game into a temporary state where you are back to pre-0.7.7 stash and characters)
  3. Close the game and move your current character saves (not the Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file) back in to the new save location. (This step would prompt you to overwrite the character saves that the game had just auto generated from your registry)
  4. Start up the game again.

New save location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

If you are at all unclear about a step or need more information please clarify before proceeding as a mistake could leave you with even less. I know this isn’t an ideal solution but we’re doing our best to solve this.

Nope, I can’t find it.

So, I guess this is a lost cause? I wanted to like this game, but it’s broken. I wanted to leave a favorable review, but I can’t.

Which one can’t you find?

[quote=“Mike_Weicker, post:8, topic:18668”]
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch
[/quote] I don’t think doing a rollback is a fix anyways. I’m about to stop beating this dead mule for good.

OK, just to be clear with the location, that’s inside the registry which opens by running the program Registry Editor. It’s not a file location.

We are still in beta and bugs like this, while very rare overall do happen sometimes. I’m sorry that you are frustrated with it. If you would prefer to not bother, I understand.

I don’t know how to do that, so nevermind.

We can just skip that part and just assume it’s there and give it a try without doing that bit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.