Skill placements off the map

tl;dr can we please get a fix for skills being placed in areas off the map and being wasted?

Totems and AoE skills (Entangling Roots for example) are constantly being cast on walls, or just flat out not being cast at all. I know it is still beta and things like this will be update, but can we get some insight into whether or not the AI in this game (skill placement, companion behavior etc) is all being looked at, or is it more of a case by case situation?

Thorn totems (5 pack) have a predetermined shape that they are placed in while casting. This is great, except when it is being cast near a wall, bridge, object, or edge of any kind. At that point I may only see 1 or 2 new totems being placed, yet I still incur the full mana cost of the skill. This is happening with entangling roots skill as well when using the multiple patches passive.

1 Like

Yeah. The shape should be variable so it alters with the terrain. Casting totems in a small passage should make the totems summoned in a row.

Something similar for teleport skills would be nice. If you target an area where you can’t go, the teleport will not be triggered. Would be cool to teleport to the closest possible spot you aimed for.

Even if they just have an overflow direction for the totems (or any skill) to just pick a new placement that is in bounds would work for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.