In Patch 0.7.2 we are reworking Shield Throw and giving it a specialization tree!
While we enjoy the current implementation of Shield Throw, we would like to use the skill as an opportunity to introduce another mechanical niche into the game.
Along with other changes, Shield Throw is also receiving a new visual effect.
Shield Throw’s current functionality consists of aiming a projectile in a straight line, and fragments piercing nearby enemies each time the shield hits an enemy.
In Patch 0.7.2 we will be replacing this with the following;
- Shield Throw’s projectile now homes towards the target.
- The shield also hits enemies between it and the enemy it is homing to.
- After reaching its target the shield will ricochet to 2 additional enemies.
- The shield will then travel back to you.
- A 2 second cooldown begins when it has returned to you.
The new Shield Throw is dead exciting!