Resistance Changes Feedback Thread

It would be great if that was true but the math part is just not there. Play a bit with Gear Planner and you’ll see for yourself.

Right now on a Sentinel, it takes 15 T5 health affixes (in the valuable suffix slot) to get around 2.6K effective health. Comparatively having 0 health and capping resistances is 3.6K effective health for fewer affixes and a smaller health pool that makes leech and potions better. And of course, health scales worse when you take into account T6 and T7 affixes and resistances get better the more you have of them.

There are no regular scenarios where health is better. There is only one scenario - when you’re already resistance capped. I don’t count the “lol just don’t get void hit 4Head” scenario.

I’m now slightly confused why I’m arguing about this.

Capped resists, 2.7k hp, at most 70% crit avoidance though a Pally could cap that.

Forge Guard could probably do with some glancing blow/crit strike avoidance on the passive tree as well…

I owe an apology to FOE after reading Lizard’s post on the defense changes. It’s not a one to one comparison between the old system and the new where only GB was taken out. What I’m understanding is that basically the new system mandates max resistances, hence why the investment into “mandatory” affixes increased from 4 (old GB) to what it is now. I’m not clear on the math on what’s more effective - resistances or other defensive stats. I do realize that not much compete against set necrotic/poison and set physical/void. You can still build to max those out and still work on the other defensive stats. That kind of forces you to max out elemental via the suffixes since your defense system is built around resistances.

1 Like

As soon as Lagon’s eye glows red he has locked onto you so no matter where his head goes, he will beam in that direction. So when his eye glows red you have 2 seconds to move to the other side.

Thst is the mechanics watching his head movements isn’t the mechanic. Not trying to troll. That is just the mechanics

1 Like

I am actually not sure how to answer this properly…

Let’s try anyway:

There is already the first mistake. The “TELL” as you call it, when lagon starts to use his beam, is, when his eye starting to glow red. At the point in time his eye did start to glow red you were heavily on the right side of the platform (like half way to the ride, half way to the edge)

Lagon will always “lock onto you” when his eye is glowing red. and then will do a “sweeping” motion with the point he locked onto you as the center.

The moment he locked onto you you should have walked towards the middle/left side, which would have been entriley possible, without any movement skill if you woudl react fast enough.

Obviously you do not know the boss that good. Mabye it worked out all the time before, not sure.

There is no “proof” for anything, except you did not played the mechanic how you should have played it.
You did choose to post a video and get critique for not dealing with the mechanic properly.

Not sure what you are talking about here.
Not sure why you even point out titles like that, we all having a discussion here and everybodies opnion is equal. (this should not be mentioned in the first place)

Nobody said this was the only reason you failed the fight or that this was a “fault”. Sometimes those things just make things a bit more wacky(for animations/overlaps)

I think nobody said you “played shit” or “some bullshit”. If you post such a video, you need to be open for critique and maybe be more open minded for feedback from players that might have more experience then you.

Alright so this is just what IMO I think Lagon should not do:

• Lock on to the player position. Because it opens to “undodgeable” and 100% trapped scenarios based on where you went.
    The beam should be “position agnostic” and the tell should say where he is going to start.
    Imagine if Kitava did the same lockon when he casted the firebreath or the armdrag and trapped you if you happened to be some places.
  • The tell/telegraph should be more clear. Like almost speaking with the eye “hey im charging and im gonna start exactly here”
  • Unfortunately this one is not going to happen by design. But if the beam was not a killer beam, then you could have had more fucked up scripts and skills. but this is not going to happen so the bosses must be perfect.

ok last post since this is very OT, but god i hated that post that complained about players being noobs and acting elitist as f

What I would suggest it making a feedback post talking about specifically that.

I was always under the impression that Bosses did not qualify as Rare enemies. The modifier referenced here is his choice of “Rare enemies have 85% increased cooldown recovery speed.” I’ve personally never noticed these Rare type modifiers affecting Bosses, unless this has recently changed?

1 Like

Let me show you frame per frame.

I will actually start from the Beam itself to make it easy. This is the frame before he starts beaming:

And to some players that may not be you it may look nothing different than this:

Or this:

Sorry guys to me it is an issue of readability, for you it is clear sky that when “eye goes red then something”.
To me it is a poorly scripted beam with a poor tell that looks like his other random moves and needs to be fixed and be made more clear.

Probably my last post as well on this subject: I went back and read the replies to your “issue”. I think only Lizard was half jokingly condescending. Others have tried to help you. YOU are the one who started attacking people left and right because they don’t agree with your viewpoints. Maybe look at yourself before accusing others for just trying to help. They are in no way shape or form obligated to help you.

FYI I saw the video and what I usually do is stay around the middle and start running away to the opposite once he starts sweeping. It doesn’t last the entire length from the middle to the corners. Trust me when I say that fight killed me many times. I shut up about it, learn from my mistakes and provide feedback if I think it’s not tuned correctly or if the indicators are misleading. I don’t go around calling others who are helping “elitists” and go off on them.

1 Like

Yeah you are correct, my bad for even pointing that out.

Probably i just assumed that the cd reduction was for the boss, because some of this animation did indeed looked a bit wacky.

2 Likes

Maybe I didn’t read far back enough. The way you were posting seemed like someone who had a grudge against everyone lol. I think we’re on the same page in regards to feedback. Lagon is definitely a knowledge check because some of the telegraphs aren’t crystal clear. I had to get used to it before I could reliably pass the fight without fear of being set back.

The “first frame” that you show, is actually not the frame, where he did start to “lock onto you” but anyway. (That was when you were pretty exactly in the middle point between the middle of the entire platform and the edge).

You were already walking to the right side of the platform before he started using his beam/“locking on to you” and then when he actually did start his beam you decided to stay on that side. That was a mechanical mistake.

I would agree that readability could be improved, but it’s not that bad either.

Here are people that really want to help you figure out what you could have done differently, or how you could have told that the beam was going to kill you.

From the very start you talked and behaved like you already know how to deal with this boss, some people pointed out potential flaws in your strategy and you just denyed them.

Sorry but i am out for now.
Be a bit more open minded if you actually want to recieve feedback.

The 99% guaranteed reaction to when i post feedback is: dismissal and telling some L2P stuff which is not the point of the feedback and is irritating as f.
But then actually the game is fixed and better and improved the next patches. So devs are reasonable where it is due

If you check one of my first thread it’s also happening there that im told l2p or user error

If you only look at at 100% GB you are totaly right. If you llok at 75% resists on every protection stat then everything looks a bit different ^^.

I agree, I have played this game on/off for over a year and ive never seen such a small community of people outright defend bad mechanics and the game in general. I know why…they were hoping to gain ‘Community Tester’ status

Its actually far far worse in game than these forums, that PoE is actually less toxic in that sense which is unbelievable

The sad thing is, I would actually offer way more comprehensive feedback about this game as I have no patience for bullshit anymore and if something appears not right im gonna call it out.

Lagon could possibly be removed from the game until he is sorted out. Last time I tried to fight him my last 2 builds couldn’t even damage him with attacks - I posted this in chat ingame my Lightning Blast wouldn’t actually hit and I was told "doing something wrong’ Yeah by wasting time on that boss.

You must have missed the following then:

If you go through it at 1/2 speed, it’s a lot clearer (which is not necessarily the best for a mechanic), he doesn’t actually start the skill until after you thought he did, you can see his eye red there but not (much) earlier.

Then he goes right & starts his channel.

The majority of the time it’s clear, but the switch between states around 2-4s wasn’t particularly clear. Not sure how that could be fixed.

In the one very specific case/example, that LE is currently mostly populated by fans/superfans than the much, much much larger PoE, yeah, ok.

If you were using Lightning Blast cast by Static, yeah, that doesn’t work because it uses Static’s range for casting not Lightning Blast & there’s a bug report for that (here).

If you’re talking about manually casting Lightning Blast at hit then that should be working ok.

1 Like

The best would’ve been if there was no “Community Tester” badge. I thought about this the very first time it was announced.

People see the badge and think “Oh see, here they come! Elitists that look down on us normal players.” I saw that “Yeah, the ‘Yes Ma’am’ squad is finally formed…”

I don’t know how EHG chose the people that were invited to take part. But we’re all very different players with different focus of gameplay elements. It’s a diverse group. Some are content creators, some are more on the hardcore front, others are not. We discuss a lot and have differnt opinions on topics.

So if somebody with the CT badge posts something and another guy with the same batch agrees, this is not because they are Community Tester. They just have the same opinion on a topic.

This has nothing to do with the badge. Often people like to see patterns where there are none.

Edit: Maybe this looks like I jump in to help my Community Tester buddy Llama. But Thats not the truth. I don’t defend him because he’s a CT like me. I defend him, because I know him since I started playing and he’s one of the nicest guys here on the forum. That’s the only reason. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You got a valid answer as to why your assumption was wrong. Maybe the “wonky” animations are there to purposefully throw off people that are new to the fight. It isn’t supposed to be easy. People told you that it is based on when his eye turns red. His head bob is meaningless. You dismissed this and kept on with your complaint.

At some point, people get fed up with people that won’t take the information. Some start to get snarky when someone won’t take the criticism. Maybe you would have been received better had you responded to that information with “Thanks, let me give that a try”. If it works, it works and you are happy. If it doesn’t work, you can come back with that evidence (even if anecdotal).

Um, what exactly was the bad thing on the old defence system?
(asking because i liked the old one)