Resistance Changes Feedback Thread

Seems to me there should be a separate feedback post on monolith…

This kinda sounds like anecdotal quoting of some random noobies answer to excuse a wider topic on design or bugged bosses.

And to be fair the question was uneducated by itself, since a lot of oneshot or killer stuff bypasses dodge, block. GB

Some bosses were 100% bugged.
Philactery, julya & others spammed 10 voertex on top of each other and/or on top of the player, Fire golems dealt a kind of oneshot firedot, etc

After the bugs were squashed we are left with these various bosses of controversy. Meaning these have not been 100% liked by everyone who criticized these, take this is a fact.

It was pointed out about the contradictive logic of first-time encountering or having to learn rippy bosses, that have one try and that revert multiple echoes with one rip.
The mentioned self-explanatory naked boss runs
Some bosses are still clunky, like Lagon. And so and so

Some bosses are oppressing to me, like i found with Harton boss’s worms at the side of the arena spamming some aoes on top of him.
Stuff definitely is still not “facetankable without any means” and bosses still have these dotpools>moveout or such

Some may be fine some not, everyone has their own taste and it’s not just “i’m a noob who doesnt know GB”

It’s a fine coincidence that i recorded and uploaded this clip just today:

You got to deal with the fact that for some people like me, clicking left to dodge a death laser shot by an npc is nothing about clutch skill just plain boring put in there. Especially when this facilitates and pushes to prioritize specific builds and stats.

I don’t know what, but there is something about how monsters and bosses are made in LE that spam their slams and aoes that makes me close the game when this stuff happens. This doesnt in other games where i faced strong bosses and saw it coming.

Probably it is the powerspike like in poe, where you are dealing with a seemingly manageable boss until he blaps you with some bullshit that you have to avoid, and sometimes you’re stuck in an animation and just die there

you didnt play that fight right xd

Seems to me that difficulty and new defense system are related somehow :wink:

1 Like

Clearly, but WTF was Lagon doing with the wishy-washy left/right thing he did before he started casting the eye beam?

Ok, try cold melee tempest Shaman with no death (should not be issue) and with good bosses time kill …

P.S: Active skills are - tempest, storm totem to freeze, frenzy totem, ice thorns and cold meteors channel skill with mode to make it like regular skill. No uniques or set items - just items you got from drops.

P.S.S: MoF were a real pain due to low damage and resistances.

Please explain in detail what part was “not played well” rotfl as if there is anything to “do well” when clicking left and right in a platform that is.

No i’m serious please write down what should be done im waiting

I’m surprised you didn’t have decent resists as a shaman with totems. You get a base 50% ele res with the mastery & an additional 3% (phys & ele res) per point per totem with Protective Circle on the Shaman passives so assuming you only have 2 totems out that’s an additional 30% which would overcap your ele resists & give you a decent amount of phys. Then all you would need is 4-5 set phys/void & necrotic/poison affixes (which I’ve managed to get on my Beastmaster at lvl 39) to overcap the rest of them…

That then leaves you with all of your glove, rings, weapon/offhand & chest prefixes for damage. Or you could add in some resists on your suffixes to free up a set of prefixes for more damage.

1 Like

What should be done Rimed, LLama, FOE and Lizard?

Caps for campaign and mono. Uncapped arena and uncapped mono with infinite scaling for the big boys. The first modes need doing first.

Items would need adjustment. There would be a theoretical cap that should be far in excess of 100% but in practice will never be reached in combination.

Creat score algorithm that takes into account speed and level to deemphasize DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE=TIME TIME TIME

A new infinite arena mode where you start with your fists. You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit. My son’s favorite saying. But really, what drops is what you can put on. Skills are open. Attributes can be leveled. Passive trees are dead. All loot can be shared with your other stash after. Leaderboards. Specific drops and drop percentages. Something like this. Call it: Last Life Mode. In Long Life Mode every guy you run can save items in the mode specific stash for other runs to use.

So yeah about those caps…

Whatever happens… incrementalism (item/affix hunt/improvement) optimally should never die.

After half an year break and Windows re-installation I started Shaman build from 0, i.e. no gear and shards and etc, and game version was 0.7.9f .

Since I used to play a lot in Grim Dawn I wanted to try 2h melee cold Shaman build and it turned out to be a problem. Totems of course granted me solid elemental resistances but it didn’t help me much against DoT’s like burn damage from Dominions in MoF on the one hand and there were other resistances needed to be capped. And melee damage was low even with primalist passive node on flat cold damage for 2h weapon - so very often even in campaign I used to run around storm totem and damaging by modified channel skill that was binded to character.

Now with patch 0.7.10 release it becomes more easy to close ele resistances but due to changes for affixes I have to replace almost all gear I have to close gaps in remain resistances and to try to keep freeze chance as high as possible as well as melee damage.

[quote=“leydun, post:62, topic:25265”][quote=“Strannik, post:112, topic:25265”]
Now with patch 0.7.10 release it becomes more easy to close ele resistances but due to changes for affixes I have to replace almost all gear I have to close gaps in remain resistances and to try to keep freeze chance as high as possible as well as melee damage.
[/quote]

I simply started over. I tried to roll for stuff and change it but nah was to tiresome and propably faster to make a new toon and get a feeling for it all the way from start to finish.

My experiences… well…

I started fresh and didn’t use any of my stuff untill level 20 ish. This made the starting experience a bit rocky to say at least. I didn’t craft anything on my gear and simply worked with the stuff that dropped and it was much harder then pre 7.10. They managed to do a better job with balancing in the early game then in the endgame and for me it looks like everything is just a balance issue right now. Get the data and change stuff accordingly. Outside of this the new resis feel much better and leave more space for other affixes on the gear then before so I’m overall happy with it.

Is it to easy to stack resists? Kind of but reducing every % resi roll range by 1% might do the trick. I think the set affixes need another scaling with minimal benefit from wearing under 3 pieces and bigger increases if you wear more then X times the same set affix piece because you get a pretty fast advance with even 2 set affix items and so on and so forth. Set affixes should start to shine if you have the maximum ammount of affixes possible on every pieve of gear possible.
On top of that it feels great to get passive resis from your class. It feels meaningfull to skill these because these passives are meaningfull.

Overall I’m a happy Panda so far but I’m looking forward to some balancing after data is achived.

3 Likes

@ zaen, about your Lagon video, if your class had a proper movement skill that will not happen ^^

Ah, fair enough.

IMO I think the resistance caps & how easy it is to cap them is ok. The monolith quest bosses are quite a bit easier than in 0.7.9 but I think that’s kinda ok too since it’ll enable more people to get through them. There needs to be empowered versions of all the monoliths & they need to be harder (as I believe the devs have the tools to do) over & above the increased modifier on the monolith affixes.

Uncapped resists in any modes would just make those modes substantially easier (& how would you cope with >100% res) until the monster damage catches up which is the reverse of what the devs have been doing (making the difficulty scale faster so you don’t have to spend quite as long getting to a pushable wave).

1 Like

100% agree - itemization is now 70% about getting resistance capped - this makes the game boring and every gear piece is now the same. It needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

No its not.
Capping resistance is regularly inferior to not capping resistance and going for health rolls (that includes vitality for prefixes) on items instead.
And thats a mathematical statement, not an opinion.

the devs succeeded:
they introduced percentage based resistance without making it a no-brainer to go for capped resistance like in literally every other Arpg.

people being unable to perform basic arithmetics ( + - * / ) to realize that is hardly the devs fault.

Well as the scaling begins the monsters would be hitting/penetrating harder. Another way of saying uncapped depending on the interaction and/or mechanics and changes, if any.

Finishing the campaign now, it seems okay to me. I only did arena for experience before. Mono seems easier, but I guess everybody knows that.

Ah, I think I took that to mean the player’s resists were uncapped rather than the mob’s pen/damage were uncapped… That’s totally fine. :slight_smile:

Sure, basically as soon as lagon raises his head, you should have went from one corner of the paltform to the other.

You should have runned to the left side to be 100% out of his reach, regardless of the direction he chose.

The CDR modifier that you choose for the fight makes the animations desync quite a bit, but you could have still juked it easily, all you gotta do is go from left to right, right to left, and never be in the middle to make sure his aimin is always happening at the very edge of the left or right corner.

Hope that helps

1 Like

I gotta say after dying to Lagon around 10 times, it’s now too easy. The telegraphed abilities are just too easy to dodge. It really becomes a skill check more than a gear check. Gear acts as more of a crutch than anything in case you screw up. I will say though (beating a dead horse) they really need to look at DOTs. I hate it when I can’t react to DOTs. As soon as I screw up and I get hit I’m dead in less than a second on a non-resist build. If resists are maxed then I have about 1-2 seconds to react. Damage needs to be tuned down or evened out more. Or let armor mitigate DOTs even at a reduced rate.

1 Like

When Lagon started the windup for the beam, you were close ot the middle of the platform, which i would call a no-go. Since you can’t be 100% sure in which direction he will be firing.

I would recommend always staying on on side of the platform and as soon as he is doing the wind up go to the complete opposite side.

on top of that the modifiers you have chosen are pretty hard. Especially the cooldown recovery one does disturb the flow of the fight, with soem weird overlaps/desyncs.

1 Like