Poorly Telegraphed High Damage Abilities

What’s the mod value? how much damage multiplier for taken and deal?

@tO_Ot

The issue with lighting and other elemental damage is not the damage itself which is mitigable but the awareness of shock and shock stacks especially in Monolith of Fate with 300%/500% shock chance on enemies. Take in mind that 5 stacks of shock is -500 to all elemental resistance and it seems its very easy to get in a situation with 6+ stacks which is -600 elemental resistance. Since it not only drops you in most cases to 0 resistance but it also drops you in the negative spectrum which means you receive extra damage.

Lets say you have 163 lighting resistance 38% damage mitigation. It only takes 2 stacks of shock to drop you below 0 and receive extra damage(something like 6-16% extra damage taken). If you get unlucky and get 3 stacks it would be -300 resistance which means it will be like -137 lighting resistance(around 30% extra damage taken).

-Mallar
Level 80 Sorcerer

Primalist, Level 63 580 HP, 30% poison and void, 60% elemental and armour resists, 50% dodge, 30% glancing blow, 40% block, high HP regen

Dark fissure: (15 wave monolith) Looks exactly like a downed companion, so I go to stand near it. I’m watching the bar/circle thing on its animation. There is no indication that it is chunking my health down, so I die.
This is after I experimented with these things in a level 40 Arena, where they didn’t even scratch me as I tried to figure out what they are.

So to fix this:

• Update the wiki page so that they are not listed as removed from the game.
  • Change the animation so that it is not exactly like the pet revive indicator.
  • Give a clearer indication that the thing is doing damage to you
  • Maybe reduce the buff these things get from the monolith a little, so they don’t go from safe to one shotty so fast.

I hope someone still reads this topic. I want to report Matriarch using Leap Jump Earthquake Lightning Damage skill off screen in Monolith/Arena.

The agro range of those seems to be to far at least for my taste. They have ben nerfed thou is it still terrible to fight them?

Maybe they nerfed damage I dont know but since I upgraded my items to 100% Glancing Blows I could survive that hit and fight him. My problem is that he teleports/leaps on top of me off screen and often super fast if you have “wrong” mods in Monolith which brings me to next point that he shows up way to early in Arena/Monolith so you are basically screwed as new player if you dont upgrade GB to 100%. Didnt even know what that is until I did my research.

Yeah GB is OP :). I’m intrested how they want to change GB because right now it’s almost mandatory on most toons.

Why would they change GB? GB is not a problem. Problem is inappropriate damage that makes all other options pretty much useless and GB mandatory.

1 Like

Because you can get 100% uptime and have perma 50% dmg reduce and they are not happy about it. GB is great because it’s non rng and pretty much mandatory to play the game right now. I have no idea what, how and wehn they change it. There was a post from Sarno I think somwhere here in the forums.

They can balance mob damage or significantly buff other defense options so GB is not mandatory and needed at 100%.

They can do a lot of stuff I just wait to see the changes. Right now it is like it is but still. Having 1k HP (what is low) 100% block chance 90% block protections 100% glancing blow and 50% to 80% normal protections and still getting oneshot is dope :D.

Now play a class without reliable block and the block protections on top and feel the pain ^^.

No 100% crit res? Maybe thats your problem?

Only at 60%ish now but then again enemys hit me for 1-20 dmg and if the don’t have 1000%+ crit mods I don’t care if they crit.

It seems my #1 death in Monolith is the Soul Breath from Soul Cage. It travel fast and deals a lot of damage, and most of the time I can’t see the animation if there are a lot of monsters.

2 Likes

the game spike dam is bad, can we have the dam that we get be color code esp. fire dam will show as red. you have the colors on the def page. i like know what dam im taking so i can try to get the res for it next time i will not die.

1 Like

The mobs abilities are, as far as I’m aware, coloured as you say. Necrotic is teal/aquamarine, void is purple, poison is a dark green, etc.

2 Likes

If nearby mobs would indicated on minimap, it would help to go from top to down. When you go without any clue, its pretty frustratng, since anything can hit you from there.

Or indicator on side of the screen, which shows direction of offscreen enemy projection, would also help.

I was talking about the floating dam # over you when you get hit

1 Like

Saw some stream yesterday.
Guy died in arena : snow (white) landscape and some cold damage that was simply not visible (white on white)

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s fair enough. It would be nice to be able to tell what damage you’re taking, though the mobs skills themselves do (kinda) tell you that.