Patch Preview: Beta 0.7.10

So, when is this juice drinkable?

1 Like

I’m ready!

It seems you were always ready
(Eyes First Traveler badge admirably)

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing how defenses are being reworked, also very happy to hear that crafting will be slightly less punishing going forward. Can’t wait to put my GPU to work seeing those new and improved visuals <3

I’m sure it’s been addressed before, but I’d like to make the case for adding a new skill in a future patch. Presently, the only mobility skill for Primalists is fury leap, and regardless of Mastery choice not many builds utilize it. Mages have teleport, it’s great. Acolytes have transplant and reaper form if they master in Lich, both great. Sentinels have lunge and shield rush, muy bueno. You could use the exact same design as the Sentinel lunge attack as a movement attack for Primalist, call it Rampage or something and get funky with that skill tree (rampages that crit have a % chance to cast a totem or entangling roots, minions lunge with you, etc) so that it’s a copycat move with its own identity. I think people who like that class would be happy with a little variety in mobility skill choices and appreciate the survivability it could provide.

2 Likes

Introducing loot filter is great !
More fun to find items.

By the way, the “boss damage reduction system” is no change ?

I’m thinking it’s more along the lines of the old Primalist Thicket Blades and Summon Vale Spirit. Removed to be reintroduced in the passive tree or as an effect of another skill somehow.

How is the optimization coming along? I really would like to see co-op ASAP. Almost as proof that players can play together without issues. I was under the impression co-op was in the game when I bought it because I saw the chat.

1 Like

I’m really glad to see glancing blow being reworked. I find having every class and character having to itemize for 100% GB just a chore and not a choice and it makes it hard to balance DOT compared to non-DOT. Hope to see it as a defense option and not a defensive requirement.

Really really hope to see rogue released in .8!

2 Likes

These are some insanely marvelous changes. Cannot wait to see them arrive and how it’s all manifested. Well done, looking forward to the patch.

insanely marvelous changes? I love your optimism, but come on, man! Give us co-op! :slight_smile:

1 Like

To each their own. If you look at my post history I couldn’t care less about co-op. I play nearly exclusively solo so that’s not high on my priority (and yes, I fully understand that I’m in the minority, but again, couldn’t care less.)

This sound great. Glancing blow in its current form was never fun I have been vocal on here in the past on that topic. Interested to see the much welcomed defenses overhaul too.

really glad to see these changes announced! thanks so much EHG for listening to the feedback from the players!

after a very disappointing PoE league start (mostly due to crashes but also not super into the mechanic) i’m looking forward to being able to jump back into LE with this next patch.

RIP Glancing Blow 2020-2020. You will not be missed.

Interested in the changes to Protections too. Looking forward to the blog post. I do like how they work currently, but I’m seeing them becoming more difficult to balance around.

2 Likes

Ok i can feel in this patch preview all the feedback given by the community.

Lootfiler, crafting, respeccing, defensives affixes (GB / Resistances). It’s crazy how in one patch most of the complaints are being tackled.

Great job and can’t wait to test this patch !

1 Like

What about skill respec system - its annoying to level skill from level 1 everytime i want to try something new.

1 Like

The topic of skill respecs is addressed in the post;

2 Likes

Thank you for reply! Yes i read that post in the past, but while i didnt see Skill Respec system in patch preview i thought its not gonna be there. Thank you for clarification.

Have a great day, stay safe!

I don’t really see what’s so bad about glancing blow in principle, most games have defensive affix taxes, or requirements to cap resists (PoE), so I don’t really get the fuss about GB. It’s just something that you need to have capped along with crit avoidance.

I think the problem is that it was a too heavy tax in terms of slots taken.
You need mostly 5 slots with tier 4 to cap it. Some classes have GB prot in their passive tree to lower the number of slots.
I think the complain mainly comes from this.

1 Like

Looking good