New monolith confusion

So after 4 echos I beat a quest echo and I receive no blessings and my monolith level is still 55.
Is there something I am missing here?

Hi Typewillhere, thanks for diving in to the new monolith system. Youā€™ve got a little more depth to explore before finishing your first monolith timeline. Each timeline has multiple quest echoes to be completed before you are presented with a final challenge. After which you will receive a blessing and be able to travel to a new timeline which is higher level.

is there a set number for the amount of quest echoes per timeline or is it random?

It is a set number of quest echoes. The number of echoes required to reach a quest echo is variable though so the total number of echoes to complete a timeline is not set.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for clearing that up for me. Time to grind!

1 Like

Would be nice if there was a button you could click in the Monolith window, that says something like, ā€œMore Monolith Information,ā€ that explains how it works.

Yes, I was very used to the old system, so this new way even left me scratching my head. Rather than having to alt-tab, load up Firefox, surf to the forums, just to find answers. An in-game button for info would be very helpful.

There is an entry in the game guide which you can open by pressing G which explains the general functionality. We will continue to expand the game guide as features are added to the game.

3 Likes

If itā€™s a set number of quests in a ā€œchainā€, could it give the player a quest log entry then? Mentioning how many youā€™ve done & how many more you have to do?

1 Like

G key? First time Iā€™ll be pressing that in the game :shushing_face: Never knew about that. Thank you for pointing that out :+1:

2 Likes

all these Echoes is making my small brain hurt :slight_smile:

i have absolutely no idea what is going on in the new Mono ā€¦ love the content but i have no idea where i am, how far i have gone and what i have to do to move on to next ā€¦ a bit like the storyline when i first played game ā€¦ so i am sure the mud will clear eventually and i will get it

From the sound of it you do monoliths until you get a quest echo then do a few of those & youā€™ll be able to progress (though Iā€™ve not got that far myself).

1 Like

It would be nice if you could save progress back to the last echo quest completed. Itā€™s quite a grind to get back to a boss and having zero knowledge of itā€™s mechanics makes you have to be extremely over leveled to prevail on the first few attempts.

4 Likes

Loads of fun doing under level content, literally just walking through map after map with no regard for safety(because after all Iā€™m lvl 96 right? Doing 22 of these nearly pointless and extremely easy monoliths only to get punked by a lvl 68 boss. Guess what? I donā€™t want to do it again.

3 Likes

The new monolith system did take some geting used to. I had to cry like a baby in chat before figuring out how itā€™s done. Just keep running monoā€™s until the ā€œquest echoā€ is offered as one of the two maps you can chose from. Itā€™s usually about every 7 maps. After 2 quest runs you will get a third that has an end boss. Iā€™m lvl 100 on a lvl 55 map and modded out and he almost killed me. That necro burst damage was a lil insane. Good Luck.

The new Monolith system is poorly thought out and a huge waste of time. EHG is taking the fun out of the game. Not a good sign for things to come.

1 Like

When does this happen? Iā€™m 10 echoes deep and bored out my skill. I basically quit already cause I canā€™t stand another level 55 bore when I am level 86.

Hey ghost check the other monolith post, they will release the hotfix for experience boost which would make at least some sense of progression

I donā€™t really care about the XP. If I did Iā€™d play Arena instead were the enemy density is much greater. Did anyone run Monolith for XP? No, sadly the thought of another x hours destroying level 55 content is enough to make me quit. Canā€™t believe the build up this got for such boring design.

It took me 13 echoes to get to the boss of the first time line