Map issues (minimap, fullscreen map)

To start I want to say that this is shaping up to be a fantastic game, I’m enjoying it very much. I have a few issues with the map however.

I get that areas are randomly generated and any good arpg needs that, but maybe put a timer on when it resets or make it only reset on a new game. It is very frustrating when I town portal just to empty my inventory and come back to completely new map with monsters and breakables and a map that’s not filled in.

Speaking of the map that’s filled in, there needs to be a way to move the mini map or the full screen map so you can see the areas where you’ve been without having to run all the way there. I should be able to click and drag the map and have a button to center back on my character.

Edit: For a few other things I noticed

When you switch the map to full screen using Tab, I no longer know what area I’m in. That information needs to remain on screen somewhere. Also the clock goes away, that’s a little problematic when playing full screen on one monitor.

For that matter when I use the full screen map I understand why the mini map goes blank but why does the frame stay? It’s distracting. The whole ui in the top right corner of the screen could be made much better when using the full screen map.

Just my 2 cents, again fantastic work so far! I can’t wait to see what the release candidate looks like.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback; I’ll discuss it with the team.

This is not a design decision; it is a technical limitation we are working on overcoming.

3 Likes

One more map frustration to add. The overall world map that comes up when you push ‘m’, every little circle needs to be labeled with the area name :frowning: Not even all the areas with a waypoint get a label, seems like an easy thing to fix.

I have to add, how responsive the team is from Eleventh Hour is amazing, you guys are always on top of it and that doesn’t go unnoticed. You listen to your community and that’s going to make this the best ARPG ever. I can’t wait to see what comes next.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, we love to hear from you!
Feedback aside, I’d like to point out that you can already move the overlay minimap with the arrow keys and recenter with a TAB press, this should make your current sessions easier :wink:

2 Likes

OMG THANK YOU! That makes the fullscreen map so much better, probably my bad for not looking through all the keybindings, but still thanks for the info.

I also am enjoying the game. I just wanted to throw in that there needs to be a zoom for the fullscreen map so you can better get the scope of the level you are in.

1 Like

damn, i will have to buy a new keyboard, my current one doesnt have arrow keys :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.