Low Life 2000% Melee Damage Werebear

dunno if it would be worth losing frailty and armor shred on my weap for it… as damage is not a problem at all for my bear lol… it wrecks everything, I was like 200 something waves in arena before I was literally bored to tears and had to stop lol… I don’t know how people do arena that long, haha

I’ll check it out tho!

1 Like

so after checking it out… and realizing I needed to not only give up frailty or shred armor on my weap… but also give up my rare gloves for some garbage unique to counter act the life leech, its just not worth the investment for that slim ammount of more damage… thanks anyway tho board

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

60% more, not exactly a small amount…

1 Like

Yeah, 60% multiplicative, not additive.

Looks sick!
Mind posting the gear you’re using? Curious as to how you’re maxing the resistances.

Well the gear in this video isn’t what you want as its from last patch. I updated this build here:

Going to the video there are thumbnails in the descriptions which will take you right to the gear used its under “items”

Yeah I figured it’s outdated with all the changes to the defense mechanism in the game and all.

Thank you for posting an update!

for those curious how I maxed all my resistances across the board, alongside the damage…

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this!
And WOW such great items! :smiley:

Well done!!! Very impressive!
AMAZING

Do you have a guide anywhere on how you craft such gear or are you following someone’s strategy?
There are so many ways one can approach crafting.

Thanks for taking the time to put all the pictures together. Really, highly appreciated!!!
GREAT JOB!!

EDIT: Would be nice if you could also show your idols. Thanks!

1 Like

here you are

as for my crafting strategies, yes I have 2 very specific things I do… (keep in mind I have been playing for quite some time, and have ammassed a pretty big collection of shards and gold, so I gamble A LOT

Method #1: (cheapest, but requires farming)
set up your loot filter to search for BLUE items, with at least 1 affix at t4 or t5 that you are looking for as well as the highest implicit you can find with really low stability…

example:

then use a rune of removal to remove the unwanted other stat on the item. then craft t5 on the rest (will explain the technique I use for getting t5’s at the end)

Method 2: (most expensive way due to lots of fracturing)

use the gambler or find on the ground a WHITE item, with the best implicit you can get
then craft t5’s onto it, this is tricky cause crafting multiple t5’s takes ALOT of trial and error… if you fracture your item, shatter, it get the shards back and try again. (takes time, money and patience)

The trick I use for getting t5’s can be explained in boardman’s video… I can’t find it but basically what I do…

is craft as high as I feel comfortable… then when I think it might break, I craft some junk shard onto a junk peice, until it fractures, then I craft on the peice I want after… I’m sure this is just in my head, but it seems to work A LOT, lol

I have gotten all of my max t5’s with this method… granted after ALOT of fractures and tries.

hope this helps! please let me know if any of this doesn’t make sense, or you have further questions. :slight_smile:

1 thing to keep in mind, is if you don’t have a farming toon… I highly reccomend doing what I have done here, only with all t4’s instead of t5’s you will still be VERY tanky and should be more than capabale to do lvl 100 mono’s to farm the materials you need with.

1 Like

That’s the gambler’s fallacy & doesn’t work, it’s just your perception that it “helps” reduce the chance of fracturing on your desired item.
@kiss_me_quick

Here we go again lol.

1 Like

Hey brother, thanks for the reply and letting me know that you are a highly experienced player with a lot of materials. Something to work towards for me. :slight_smile:
This game is VERY enjoyable. Reminds me of good times I had as a young boy playing Diablo II.

I suggest you edit/delete the parts of your post that are controversial so as not to have your methods criticized for just trying to help me and sharing your experiences with me. I just wanted your help and I got it I saved your post. Thanks VERY much for that again!

Of course I would agree with probabilities and gambler’s fallacy in the REAL WORLD. But this is a video game we are talking about with “BUGS” and “CODING” involved written by developers with their set goals and outcomes in mind (players playing more to get the items they want rather than getting everything in 1 day) and it definitely does not seem to be on a true RNG based system like the real world is. (Flip a coin heads or tails true RNG)

To lose items at a near 90% rate when it shows 85% success is definitely NOT RNG when it happens over and over and over and over and over again as people have noticed (my account or char could also be bugged).
I have played other ARPGS (such as mobile ARPGS (Darkness Rises as an example) with RNG based upgrades and at an 85% success rate you don’t fail over and over and over again consistently)

I suggest you edit/delete your post as I do not want to ruin your methods/have you criticized for sharing your experience. Whether you want to delete/edit or not is up to you but this is my suggestion based on previous experiences.

Thanks very much brother! I am in your debt!

1 Like

is it possible to scale both stun and slow from swipe and werebear form? and get both more damage bonus or should just focus in one?

in my expeirence stun jut doenst last long enough or proc enough to really benefit from the MORE damage from it but defintiely try :slight_smile:

Calling it controversial implies that what Ruffuswm said had some bearing on reality but others deny it, when it doesn’t.

Mike (one of the devs) has tested their crafting system and, unsurprisingly, with a sufficiently large sample the fracturing rate matched the given percentage which is what one would expect from an RNG.He did also say that when you get down into the weeds (ie, with small sample sizes that players tend to see) there can be some patterns, but again, that is still what one would expect.

Saying “with their set goals and outcomes in mind” also implies some form of tin-foil hat conspiracy that the devs want something that’s separate from what the players want, but hidden. What the devs want from their RNG is for it to give the best possible simulation of randomness they can get with the least computational burden. That’s it.

How many times have you crafted items (from white, say, or blue, whatever) and they haven’t fractured at 90%? Did you have a rush of endorphins when you passed that particular hurdle? Was there anything to bind that particular memory more strongly compared to the soul-crushing despair of an item fracturing (more so when it fractures at a high chance of success)? No?

Personally when I craft, I say a little prayer to the Great and Glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster (may His noodly appendages protect us from harm & sucking RNG) and that allows meto pass this most heinous of barriers…

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply and type information that I was not aware of. Such as the devs here testing the system themselves. Also, your message was very funny. I had a good laugh. :smiley:

I come from games where the devs don’t care about people at all. They are known for “ninja patching” and/or doing unethical things to make more sales from their cash shops/loot boxes/events/etc.
Even big companies are apologizing to their player-base nowadays but only after there is a huge backlash. And some don’t apologize at all.

I purchased this game a long long time ago, but only got back into it recently due to the loot filter and other changes.
I have mostly been using characters I made in the past because of their high level. I also made some new characters.
I finally had to delete and remake my Primalist character last night because I couldn’t find the NPC that was supposed to be in town (The NPC was there on my other chars). I searched online but there was no information regarding my specific situation.
After deleting, remaking and leveling up I was able to find the NPC in town where he should be and complete the quest.

Whether RNG or not (meaning: deletion of character and remaking), crafting on my newly made character seems normal as well.
By normal I mean consistent with the way RNG should feel.
It is not normal/RNG to keep losing items when it shows 80-90%. I remember on a fresh item, I got “Critical success!” at 100% and then the next click was a fracture (at about 92%). And this was the norm, not the critical success, but the fractures.

Anyways, this has stopped happening and everything feels the way it should. I am REALLY enjoying my time in game. The bear druid feels a lot like the Fury Werewolf from D2. And the best part about this game is that you don’t HAVE to follow the guide verbatim like it is in other games. You can change it to your play-style, and the way you like it and it still works. This is such a great game!

:slight_smile:

I can see where you’re coming from & how your prior experiences would colour your view of devs, but not all devs are ****holes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.