Loot Filter confusion

Yes, it starts at the bottom (which is why you put a “hide everything” rule at the bottom) then applies rules as it goes up. Anything above overrides rules below, which is why you can see anything if you have a “hide everything” at the bottom.

1 Like

So I explained the functionality to you in several posts now. I’ve successfully set up a lot of my own lootfilters. It works exactly like I described it. There’s no interpretation or anything else. This is fact.

https://imgur.com/8Z8iEyF

This is the explaination window that shows ingame when you have no lootfilter asigned.

If the filter would read from top to bottom as you pretend, it would

• show all items
  • show wolf helmets
  • then hide all items

You would see nothing.

But thats not the case. The filter first reads the buttom line an hides all items, then shows wolf helmets.

1 Like

Really guys:))
1.show all items is default setting not loot filter rule
2. lets say item drops,
Loot filter engine checks it vs first rule, if the item is wolf helmet then we found match,
we need to show this item. The engine will stop and not check next rules.
If the item is not wolf helmet the engine goes to next rule: in our case it is hide all items.
This rule match any item dropped, so the item will not be shown.
Its the general process: iterate rules from top to bottom till first match found, and break.
Maybe what you describe will lead to same result, but its not how it works, because in your case each item must be checked vs all rules, that is far from optimal.

I’ll just go & get a hat to eat…

Yes, it iterates from top to bottom, stopping at whatever rule is appropriate for the item…

I moved my “hide all” rule from bottom to top & it hid everything, when I moved it down to the bottom it showed items again…

I just want to help. The fact is that in my imagination the rules work in the order button to top. The rules on top overwrite the rules below. I have no clue what the filter does in the background, in what order it reads the rules. The way I described it is exactly how its works for me when I set up my filter.

So if you just for 1 second imagine the filter would execute all rules from bottom to top, you’ll see that due to some magic, suddenly the filter will work as you want it.

Maybe this is mechanically wrong and not how the code is executed. But looking at the rules from this side and set the filter up works flawless.

At this point I don’t have any incentive to argue with you. My filter work perfectly.

Why is this so complicated? Top rule has top priority if there is a conflict. That’s all you need to know. Everything else is straightforward.

1. Show? Hide? Recolor?
  2. Based on?
  3. Condition?

Conflict? Which one is on top? That takes priority. It’s really simple and people are making this to be rocket science.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.