Left click attack

I’m sure it’s been asked but will left click be for movement and attack at some point? It’s not a major issue, it’s just different and almost killed me a few times being that I’m not used to left click just moving.

1 Like

This is something that we don’t quite have set up the way we want yet. We know that many people want to have the ability to combine move and attack on the same button. It’s something that we are debating and testing internally how best to set up. If you have a suggestion, we are happy to hear it. I will note that we are reluctant to add a 6th skill to the ability bar.

Ahh fair enough. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

The nice thing about it is that you don’t have to put a force move action into the game since they are separate. I think the key here is 6 skills or 5 skills on the bar. That should be the determining factor. Having a 6th skill would be cool to add another layer of build variety but it could potentially screw any kind of balance by giving too much player power. Who knows.

What about have force move shortcut? Let us assign skill into first slot, limit skill selection on just direct targeting, no AoEs or ground targeting abilities and if we will click on the ground, move, on enemy, cast skill and while holding let’s say CTRL, your character will always move.

Alternatively, let us assign any skill into left click slot, which can be cast only while holding CTRL, just simple clicking, you will always move.

For slot number issue, just have one slot lockable. When player have assigned skill onto left click, just lock last skill slot or something simple like that.

After playing my Paladin now for the last couple days ive come to understand now why the Devs are reluctant to add a 6th skill… For example that would allow me to use both Holy Aura and Ephmerial Stance for their passive bonus’s while still keeping my other 4 skills. And that’s just one case i’m sure there are many other cases where this could be a huge amount of power to be gained on builds.

Personally ive always used Left Click for movement and i really like that in this game i have that AND i dont have to use a force movement like in other games. So i think the way it is works quite well imho.

But it doesn’t work for others at all. So it’s all about options and let players play with their preferred control method.

2 Likes

It always works just fine… D2, D3, POE, LE, Wolcen, just to name off the top of my head. The only difference is in some cases like Diablo or POE utilizing a Force Movement or Force Stand may become nessisary but that’s typically only because of it allowing the option for skills and such to be slotted there as well as movement making it so if you try to move with the button while moused over a target it may not prioritize movement. Just depends on how it’s coded i suppose in those cases. But either way it almost always works just fine in all other ARPGs ive ever played with that exception. But, at the same time more options is never a bad thing either. Guess it just comes down to implementation.

Again i dont see anywhere else to slot movement even if i had the option personally but to each their own as well. Just make it where if you put movement on another key it can allow a skill in its place essentially locking out the ability to have a 6th slot while allowing the player to move which key they wish to have movement on. Win win. BTW you can already change movement to any key you wish right now as well. You can go into options and assign any other key to movement along with left click for example Spacebar (Wouldn’t suggest doing this otherwise you will not be able to use chat because space will exit chat because you move) or Ctrl. But you cant slot a skill in left clicks place either which is the part people want i guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.