Lagon Targeting

I have noticed that during the Lagon boss fight, it seems very difficult to actually target the floor for movement. I have died many times on several characters due to the simple fact that I can not move, because I still click Lagon.
I’m currently running a Void Knight Warpath build and many times I either will not spin while pressing warpath or my character just stands there when I’m trying to click an area of the floor to move too. (because I am unable to find an area the spell considers a path, due to the fact I’m still targeting Lagon). Is this a new development? I have not noticed this on the characters and I am unable to complete this on my Void Knight because of this issue.

2 Likes

There’s another post from a few weeks ago about this as well, but about lunge. Totally agree. I’ve had no luck with melee based characters against Lagon because of pathing issues.

1 Like

I made a post recently about this as well, since I had targeting issues with my Sorc on this fight. Definitely something strange going on.

2 Likes

Yes, after the first couple of failed attempts I turned off my auto-cast (Nun-lock) Lunge to see if this would help. That’s when my character would just stand there and not move because I could not find a location on the floor that was considered a path-able location.
I also made a post about a bug with Lunge and it targeting random locations.

1 Like

Yup that’s the post I was referring to. I have to say, I love how the notes on the startup screen say “may have rage inducing bugs, you’ve been warned.” Up until this issue (I’m a melee fanatic) I’ve not had any rage inducing problems that I didn’t just shrug and say, I can still play this though so for now we’ll just work around that." This issue, though. LOL.

1 Like

Had the same experience. Seems like the area around the top edge of the stage eats move commands, incl. Transplant.

2 Likes

Haven’t even tried it on my Acolyte :slight_smile:

I’m getting ready to. Just hit lvl 52 and the island. I’m doing it first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll upstate.

1 Like

I know that the likes of Shield Rush will stop early if it hits an obstacle, so I would assume that if you’re trying to transplant/teleport/etc to the other side of the area & a straight line would hit the edge of the stage, that then stops the movement skill.

1 Like

Okay, so that didn’t go well really at all. Not as bad as melee but definitely related.

1. Did not even get to check Transplant, because…
  2. Running necromancer. lots of minions. Half my minions would not attack Lagon, they’d just stand there even if I was attacking. Even though they were standing directly up against it. Actually had to ACTIVELY direct their attack with the keybind. And it was problematic because if I moved at all, some of them would stop attacking again.

I think it’s safe to say that right now the Lagon battle needs some aspects of it ironed out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.