Katana model feedback

My character looked exactly the same as the first screenshot with two katanas. Talking about katanas , are you planing to cut the length in half? They look super long and wonky. :slight_smile:

I have complained about this at, er, length to the devs…

1 Like

I didnt know katanas came in a 2h form?!

That’s the Nodachi.

I would love to see a new 2 handed weapon type enter the game. It would be 2 one handers wielded at the hilm. Think a two sided lightsaber. Would be cool to see the animations for them on some new skills

2 Likes

Thank you. Hopefully they will get to that sooner than we think.

Hopefully…

@EHG_Mike

We plan to reduce the size of katanas in 0.8.1.

The change won’t be drastic.

3 Likes

daggers could also do with a slight size reduction… most of them resemble short swords

1 Like

Yah I mentioned that a lot when they came out. How can a dagger be this size??? Is there an exact definition of a dagger? I always assumed a dagger is a small sword. Once the blade reaches a certain size don’t you just call it a sword?

edited: thank you google

“A dagger is a weapon that measures six to twelve inches long. The short-sword can be twelve inches long but not shorter. Instead, this can range from 12 to 20 inches in length.”

12 inches is quite long. He says innocently. Though I suspect they made the daggers a bit on the large side so the player can see them properly & appropriately admire their fast stabby-stabby weapon.

I was kinda surprised they ranged that big tbh.

Its one of those Fantasy things. When I want to use a sword I want to use a sword, when I want to use a dagger I want to use a dagger. If the swords are similar size to daggers it’s kinda breaking immersion to a degree. But that being said the bigger the dagger the cooler the detail of the blade tho which is also important. Push and pull.

1 Like

Yeah, you think of a dagger as something a similar size as a knife that you’d eat with when they can be anything up to a small sword…

A main-gauche can be close to 20 inches long. Not for stabby stabby slather the butter on but more for ‘get that enemy weapon the hell outta my face so I can stab you with my other blade’.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.