Interactions for minion unit frames

Especially in late game, the amount of FX, spell spamming and number of minions for certain classes can make a bit of a problem when it comes to targeting certain minions. Add a swarm of enemies coming your way and the precision and strategy can go a little out of hand in certain situations. Since I have been playing shaman, I will focus on this topic of this class by explaining what in my opinion is making a slight inconvenience for a otherwise fluid and great experience.
If there are lot of things going on in fight, and I summoned 3 + 1 totem so far, I try to heal and boost the stats of my totems with Eterra’s blessing spell. The problem is I usually can’t manage to cast the spell on exactly the right minion that needs my healing, which usually ends in me wasting 70% of my mana by spamming the spell until among other things the desired minion is healed
I think the good idea would be to make the UI for summoned list of minions(unit frames) in upper left corner interactable for spells, which would make the casting of support spells easier and faster on specific minion at play, so instead of looking for a minion in the battlefield, you can just cast the spell directly on unit frame of the minion

Also visible HP in numbers for minion unit frame couldn’t hurt, at least on hover, and a dismiss a minion option

Similar problem occurs when I try to heal the minion I am standing next to, I think (not 100% sure) that the healing spell prioritizes player over minion, so in order to heal the minion I need to walk away from it in order to heal it.

In addition to make the interactable unit frames for minions, it also might be a good idea to implement an alt + keybind spell cast to cast something on yourself / auto aim the spell on a place you are currently on.

This is not a big change and shouldn’t be a problem to be implemented but can greatly improve the gameplay, at least for zookeeper classes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.