Improvements to make the combat feel more satisfying

Dear Dev Team!
I’m having a lot of fun with this game at the moment. There are few issues I have and most of them are related to balancing. But there is one issue that has to priority for me: the feel of the combat.

There is a very nice vid on YouTube made by Thyworm: Last Epoch Release DELAYED (which is a good thing...) - YouTube

At about 6:00 he’s talking about the feel of combat. And I have to 100% agree with him. If there weren’t damage numbers you would not know if you even hit something.

To improve this it needs several steps imho:

• Skills need to have fat sounds and look impressive. This is something you guys are already working on as far as I know.

• The player needs to feel the impact of his attacks. If I hit an enemy I must see it and hear it, just some feedback. There could be a little knockback and/or an interruption of the enemies attack animation. On top of it enemies should make specific sounds when hit depending on their archetype (e.g moan, scream, clatter and so on).

• Last step would be to give each enemy archetype their own special dying animation. Most monsters just fall down and that’s it. Make them spin around, shatter, break into parts, burn to ashes and burst.

This suggestions are just what I see when I play other games of this genre, e.g diablo. You should copy the coolest elements of other games :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This would also add some more style to this already awesome game. :sunglasses:

Please keep up your good work and the relationship to your community. You are by far the most responsive dev team I ever encountered during my long journey in the world of PC games. :kissing_heart::ok_hand:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.