Hydra Runemaster getting wrecked on reaching Empowered Monoliths, looking for advice

My Hydra Runemaster just reached empowered monoliths and is getting routinely destroyed. I’m looking for any tips or advice (build planner link below). Everything up until now was a breeze. I’m sure that part of my problem is being over confident and rushing into the fray, and I’m trying to modify my tactics to be more cautious and hang back a bit more. If any more experienced players were willing to take a look at my build and make help me identify any glaring weakness, I’d appreciate it.

(Runemaster, level 85 (Release / 1.0.5) - Last Epoch Build Planner)

I got mine to 200. After that, you must switch. I was so sad because I thought that was the fastest farmer. After that, I met my lightning blast with Enigma and Spoon. fell in love again.

I can’t seem to load your link, but if you have all your resistances capped, and either crit avoid or reduced crit at 100%, I think next would be to address, are you doing enough dps? Are you blasting hordes and only finding bosses or some rares to provides a dps check?

You can attempt raising your armor levels to help reduce incoming dmg, raise your hp, but overall there is a point where you either are destroying everything and avoiding getting one shot, or you’re destroying nothing and getting one shot.

If your dps is nice, you’ll want to consider keeping your movement up. Hydra rm has never been about standing around and taking a beating. It’s best when you are able to stay mobile 100% of the time, dropping hydras to destroy everything while you keep cruising around taking 0 hits.

His problem is in the build.
He says he’s a Hydra Runemaster, but his Hydra is on 12 seconds cooldown :slight_smile: So most of the time he’s probably standing there shooting fireballs, which are not even specced into damage, so his damage is basically coming from Flame Burst and once in a while he actually casts Hydra.

• Get rid of Prepared Wards on Frostwall, so it has no cooldown.
  • Set your Flame Ward to autocast if you don’t want to press it yourself.
  • Get rid of Immutable Order in Runic Invocation. Get Runic Energy and Copied Scrolls instead. It’s a chance to get two hydras instead of one, a must have. Learn to manage your runes and Runic Energy.
  • Generate your runes with Lightning Frostwall and Flame Rush / Fireball on demand.

Then the gear is bad.

• Staff is terrible. Buy a rare staff with +100 spell damage. BAM double flat spell damage right there.
  • T6 Void damage amulet? Get Armor Shred on hit. Fire Penetration %.
  • Ignite chance set ring? Get literally anything else with INT and ATT
1 Like