Hammerdin build question

I was thinking about putting together a hammerdin build based on poison. I was wondering if I focused on all the poison mechanics like poison on hit, damage over time, chance to poison. Would it work or am I wasting my time?

Unfortunately the Sentinel doesn’t really get much/any poison support. You probably wouldn’t go too far wrong using a Plague Bearer’s Staff. If you want most of your damage to come from poison, Shield Throw might be more useful since you don’t care about hit damage, only the number of hits (Eruption causes Shield Throw to hit twice on the main target plus any other mobs in the AoE).

You can also use Devouring Orb with Abyssal Emission & maxxed Dark Torrent for more hits/poison stacks. But if you’re doing that, you’re probably getting most of your poison stacks from Devouring Orb.

Ignite with a Paladin might be a better prospect, you can get >1k chance to ignite, though that would use a lot of uniques & probably be fairly squishy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.