I did a quick search but I didn’t find anything (maybe I simply missed it?) so I decided to open a thread to talk about all those nodes on skill trees giving flat HP on hit as I think they should maybe give a percentage of max HP instead.
A few examples:
- Hammer Throw “Battle Rouse”: 10-50% to regain 12 health on hit
- Bone Golem “Hunger”: your golems’ hits with melee attack heal you and the golem for 5-20 health
NB: Bone Golem minimal health is 700hp
- Serpent Strike “Devour Prey”: you gain 10-20 health on kill with serpent strike
- Serpent Strike “Confidence”: gain 5-15 health on crit
At low level, they can be OK. (Excepted for the healing of the Bone Golem.)
But the further you progress, the more HP you have, the less relevent they become.
And, as the game is now, HP is the most important defensive stat.
So you have to get it high as possible.
Hence there is no point investing in those healing nodes.
Maybe simply changing them to percentage is not the best solution as it needs to be strong enough with low max hp but not too strong with high max hp.
There may be other solutions:
- replacing the healing by a temporary damage mitigation effect - granting ward, giving a boost to defenses…
- replacing the healing by a boost of health regen (but there is the same balance issue as with the healing based on percentage)
- increasing the flat healing effect depending on the level of the character, the level of the skill or another stat
I’m not sure what could be the best solution.
But I think the current flat healing nodes are not strong enough to stay/be relevant.
(I keep for another time the same discussion for the potion that do increase with the character progression, but not enough.)