I only have made 2 characters so I can’t test this until I make another character, but I had an issue with my Lich requiring 21 points in the free tree before I could allocate into Lich tree. Once I finished the main story quest to unlock Lich tree, then I could remove the 1 extra point in the acolyte tree. Did not pay attention to this on my first character and I tried removing the 21st point once I had allocated into Lich tree, but it did not work. As soon as I finished the Lich selection, it let me remove it. I don’t have plans to make another character for at least a few days but I will check again if the same issue occurs with non-Acolyte characters.
- Create a character (possibly Lich-exclusive bug).
- Reach 22 points before finishing mastery unlock quest.
- Have 20 points allocated in first tree, then try to put 21st point into 2nd tree.
- Allocate 1 more point to first tree.
- Allocate 1 point to 2nd tree.
- Try to remove 21st point from base tree, failed.
- Unlock mastery quest and remove 21st point from base tree, success.