Fatal Error in GC - Unexpected Mark Stack Overflow

I get this while playing my character.
Its a Sorcerer focus channeling based character that “exploits” cast when hit / on hit skills.

Im using Arcane Ascendancy with Focus.
I got an Idol that gives me a 9% chance to cast Nova when hit.
I have specced the nova as a channeling skill, when Focus is channeling and the 9% chance is proceed my character are able to channel the nova skill by just channeling Focus.

On Arcane Ascendancy I have done a similar setup with Lightning Blast, it’s specced as a channeling skill and the same thing happens when you channel Focus.

So my character can cast nova and lightningblast for “free” while having Arace Ascendancy activated.

It looks like this overload the game in some matter as my game crashes regularly.
Even when attacking a training dummy. (Only the lightning blast activates on the dummy )
This is how it looks on a training dummy:

I get this error: Fatal Error in GC - Unexpected Mark Stack Overflow
Did some digging and it seems like its a Unity error.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/fatal-error-in-gc-unexpected-mark-stack-overflow.754952/

I’m also getting those Errors freezing my client regularly, playing a similar build. It’s a major disruption as it forces you off monolith/arena streaks. It’s frequent and very annoying.

Player.log (108.1 KB) Player-prev.log (49.2 KB)

*Edit: Giving up on this build for now, it’s being consistent - https://imgur.com/9wTvSB4

And I have this Errors regularity.

Crash_2020-04-21_195207500.zip (1.8 MB)

Player.log (94.7 KB)

Hi,

It seems to be related to all lighning builds, right? Maybe a wrongly implemented/updated counter, or similar, on the game code. I just started a Lightning Blast build and got the first crash of the game at 20ish lvls.

It seems right now it’s better to avoid Lightning based builds. Have a Sorc with Elemental Nova (all elements) and never crashed

BR

It appears to be lightning blast rather than lighting skills in general.

Just got this today !, hope they fix soon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.