Do you guys still believe game will be out by the end of this year?

Please list me these “cutting edge” ARPG’s you speak of because i don’t see one out there right now that’s even close to this description. No PoE and GD are not cutting edge they are D2 clones and both have DEEP flaws in their design. The last ARPG that took any real gambles and tried to be different than what the genre expects was Marvel Heroes.

2 Likes

The game is already out. We are all playing and enjoying it as they develop the game. After it’s official release, they will continue to develop the game further…so, who cares? There is no point to your post.

Ouch. Someone woke up on the “forum bad side of the bed.” Everyone else saw the point of the post. Referring to coming out of beta.

1 Like

To be fair i think Covid19 has postponed many games this year,

1 Like

The reality of the situation is that games don’t stop being developed after they are released. Look at Path of Exile for example. All the continuous content that game that is consistently released. So the point I was making is that it doesn’t matter when the game “officially” comes out. They are developing currently as we speak, and will continue to develop it after a “official” release. We are playing it right now so the “official” release date is irrelevant. Sorry if I came of sounding like I woke up on the wrong side of the forum :slight_smile:

I just want to get multiplayer by the end of the year and I’m not very optimistic about that.

1 Like

I see people saying this a lot, but I work as a software dev and I’ve been able to get more done working from home over the past few months than I normally would in the office.

2 Likes

If you don’t have kids, then yes, there’ll be less distractions. If you do have kids (or you benefit from having other people around) then not quite so much.

What you write there is correct, contentwise. I don’t disagree with you on that matter. Warframe never had that big release. The game was in EA for so long, already charging for everything (max, items, boosters). When the game was “officially” released it was just like “cool story, bro”.

But I think Warframe is one if very few exceptions in this case. It was already successful at that moment.

The official release for games is very important in actual times, especially for an EA title. Black sheeps in the gaming industry caused players to be suspicious about EA titles being cash grabs.

Releasing a game in an “unfunished” state with the
substantiation of “we are continuously working on everything” may cause big damage to the franchise.

Anthem and Wolcen are 2 examples I was involved in recently. Both games were not finished on release. Devs stated “calm down, we fix everything”. The games sold very good, but the backlash of negative feedback on all platforms and press killed these 2 games and caused irreparable damage to the IPs and devs. Maybe games can redeem themselves from the failure. But this is a gamble that nobody as a dev should take into account.

EHG has to earn their trust. They have to deliver first. Means they have to push out a good game at some point to get positive reviews and press.

Maybe they’ve already earned some trust from people here. But compared to the masses of ARPG starved people that may jump in on release we are nothing.

Man that was a disappointing game (glad I didn’t have to pay for it), and for once, not EA’s fault…

With Anthem it’s hard to not confuse the EA thing. Because they had EA as a publisher. No early access :wink:

And apparently they also didn’t have a scooby doo what they wanted the game to look line until a year or so out (or was it 18 months?). So given how much time they were actually working in the a focussed direction, it came out surprisingly well.

Yeah. And from what I can judge LE is in a very different spot. People that play currently have a good picture of what to expect from LE. I personally get surprised by every new patch (in a positive way).

So I don’t mind if LE hits the exact schedule. But if EHG announces a release date the game should have decent content and be polished to an appealing degree. Minor bugs and fixes can be fixed later. Game breaking bugs or bad / rushed content or game mechanics have to be avoided.

Better miss some content completely instead of rushing something out. And if the content us too important to be left out - delay.

LE is in a completely different position, the devs know what they want the game to look like & are unlikely to spend ~5-6 years ****ing about while they try & decide how they want their game to play.

No it wont come out this year. In fact it shouldnt come out this year, it wont be finished enough.
Just finished the story content yesterday and was amazed how little is in the game yet. No way they can ever finish the story, add multiplayer, add another class and fix everything wrong with the game in 4.5 months.

1 Like

Not unless they are working on many things simultaneously and are close to completing them all (which is possible) but even then I don’t think there’s enough time for balancing and bug fixing.

The game is only 90% done with phase 1, 75% done with phase 2, 10% done with phase 3,

and 0% done with phase 4.

Missing demo from phase 1.

Missing tool tipdps, and end game system - eternity cache from phase 2.

Only have chapter 8 from phase 3, and nothing from phase 4 yet.

Assuming Sarno was telling the truth here, there’s already been a few demos, but they’re probably not available anymore since the game will have advanced beyond what’s in the demo.

This phase 1 demo is indeed missing. He himself mentioned that said demo was not ready yet as they were updating their game engine and I believe nothing has changed in the last 155days or so since that post.

I think it’s pretty reasonable to believe that they’re working on a bunch of stuff simultaneously and possibly sitting on some mostly complete stuff. I also think the step from the last beta to 1.0 will probably be much larger, with a lot more new content than is released with new patches.

That said, even though I think this is already an excellent and remarkably well polished game, I just don’t see any way it will be officially released by the end of the year.