Do you guys still believe game will be out by the end of this year?

Hmm… is it so important? :slight_smile:
We already play the game and definitely can see developers’ intense work and a lot of improvements as a result.

2 Likes

Path of Exile is always present and while PoE2 will be big release, it is more of PoE - which is good, but not really something you should build strategy around.

And Diablo 4 in 2021? Early 2023 the soonest.

1 Like

you don’t give yourself enough credit Sarno, you guys did 5 chapters not 4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatever happens I hope they continue to add content for decades! Clearly I think they’re sitting on a gold mine. Just keep adding stuff and I’ll be more than satisfied. A release date hardly matters to me. That being said lol @ 2020 release. For that to happen loads of content must be in workable condition that we don’t know about.

1 Like

I hope it’s not released that soon. Does Wolcen ring a bell? They blew it hard! Released with all sorts of new content and stuff, without doing any sort of beta testing outside of in-house. That game flopped. BETA TEST IT ALL! Let us help iron out the bugs and such. Release a polished (or close to it as possible) game for the masses. Only fools rush in.

I’m pumped for this game, really liking the beta content so far. Just finished story mode on my first character and I just want to keep playing!

I don’t think it should. There is fantastic core design but it needs a ton of iteration and adjustment and work to make it more unique. More importantly though I think the entire level design does not really work and they need to overhaul the entire game. The game supports 3D elements pretty well but never uses them. The starting zone is incredibly dull with dark walls black floors and purple monsters. The entire game is just going through corridors arranged in a variation of a wheel and spoke. It is just no where near as well done or thought out or interesting as the rest of the core design. It gets repetitive and somewhat boring. The level design is fine for maybe 20 years ago but is in on way good enough for a cutting edge ARPG in 2020. They should take a year and completely the level design and structure. Make it more open world, more varied, more 3D. Make it really look like something. It is a great game and deserves it’

1 Like

there is a lack of physical objects on grasses, destructive pillars, everything is very static without life, there is no physics for nothing

I am not sure if Wolcen flopped. They earned shit loads of money so now they can continue to work and support the game for long time.

Money is always limiting factor, sometimes there is just no choice.

Wolcen did not flop, I believe it sold at least a million copies. That said the Wolcen that was released and the Wolcen that they were developing are very much different games. The Wolcen that was released is a D4 clone with solid graphics. The Wolcen that was supposed to be was open world and far more interesting. I hope the developers reconsider the level design in this game.

It may have been a commercial success, but I don’t think you can argue that the launch was a bit of a flop.

1 Like

Wolcen is open world. I cant say its clone of diablo 4 because diablo 4 is not out yet.
The problem with Wolcen is the HUGE amount of bugs and shitty interface.
In the end very low quality game .

It’s funny you call Wolcen D4 clone, yet D4 is going to be open world game :slight_smile:

The very first map has an open feel but after that the level design is actually quite similar to Last Epoch with sort of the wagon wheel and spoke. Not open world. An ARPG does not have to be truly open world to feel that way. It can still have maps but do them in a way that is open, varied interactive and more 3D

Meant D3. Got my versions mixed up.

Like yea, it has similar structure for sure but I still find them quite a bit different (Wolcen and D3).

I feel Wolcen didn’t say it’s last word. While it wont be next PoE, I believe it will have it’s time to shine. Core of the game is quite good. There is just not much of it yet.

1 Like

I agree and that’s why it is so disappointing to me. There was a great game there in the direction they were going, but then just disappeared and came back with something so generic. Let’s see how it develops. I hope people understand I am not hating on LE, I am a supporter and desperately want it to be awesome, and the level design just doesnt match the rest of the game in its current state.

As much as it hurts to say, I sincerely hope that they are not releasing the game this year. Unless they have done a lot of the content behind the scenes, which I doubt.

Hopefully the possible delay is only a couple of months and not like six months or so. I’m just waiting to purchase the game for 15 dollars on release like promised.

Overhauling the entire game is unrealistic. I personally find the idea silly given the limitations. I do agree however that the first area and some of the meandering cave systems (I can’t remember exactly where they are, lots of spiders) could use a bit of love.